London Tube terror game sparks outrage

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Aug 8, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm just amazed that some sleezebag managed to lower himself to the point where he could create something like this! :x

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/05/tube_terror_game/

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

:mad :cussing :mad

3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

damn i couldnt get anything to load but a bunch of popups
    sucks :/

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

IMO that is sick. After all the people who have died and been injured, the idea of making this into a game is just sick.

I didn't click on the link because I could not face what some sick mind has found to make light of this. If I am wrong then I'm sorry, but IMHO this should not have happened.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

way too far that is...how can anyone even think of anything like that? just goes to show that there are people out there with no heart whatsoever. shocking...it really is...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's really bad. There's always someone who'll do it though.
    It's a double insult that it's been done so badly.

Having said that, there is something in the British character that gives us the ability to laugh about the most terrible things just in order to give us the strength to go on.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

disclaimer - evidently added by creator Keith E. Fieler to avoid possible litigation - states: "This game is in no way affiliated with Transport for London.

I liked this disclaimer though. It's there just in case someone thought that the London Transport System had come up with a great new money spinning idea. They've been toying with the Playstation 3 idea for a London Transport game for ages. Unfortunately it's really dull. It was going to be called 'Gridlock' and involve David Hasslehoff. Bombs? Great idea, what? Someone's already done it? Sh1t.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Sorry guys, im going to have to be controversial here. i dont particularly think its sick, not in a world where we can play high-tech, realistic games where we can blow peoples heads off (world war two games, for instance), etc. Its simply a result of the games industry we ourselves have developed.

I do agree, however, that it is far too soon after the event, and as such, extremely insensitive.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present