London Metropolitan University Cisco Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by bash55o, Apr 11, 2008.

1. bash55o

bash55o New Member

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of trying out London Metropolitan Universitie's Cisco academy. I cosidered what the older members of Certforums told me earlier. The academy offers an attachment programme which apparently means hands on real world experience that can be added to an applicant's C.V. The same goes for their CCNP programme as well. Is it worth it?:blink

Certifications: None
    WIP: CCNA, CCNP
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

If you’ve chosen to not go the self-study route for Cisco learning, I've heard good things about Cisco's Network Academy although I've never used it. Another thing, in Cisco’s list of academies , I don’t see the school mentioned in the OP (different name?) but have a look.

I can’t comment on the attachment program relating to ‘real world experience’ without seeing details. Are they offering a job placement, or a co-op term? It could be worth-while if they already have existing relationships with companies taking on co-op students, but usually “guarantees of getting you a job” are BS. :eek:

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What Sunn said.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!