Locked out of my MCP account

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by drum_dude, Aug 19, 2018.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

I've been recently trying to access my MCP account but can't log in due to "it looks like someone else may be using your log in details". I've then gone through all the questions to recover the account but the system says "No" every time I submit the answer. The questions asked are what previous email addresses did I use and can I remember "subject names" of sent emails?? Unfortunately, the number linked to the account is an old mobile number which I got shot of back in 2014.

The last time I accessed the MCP account/site was when I passed the MCITP in Lync 2010 back in early 2013. I'm keen to get the Skype for Business exams under my belt in the next few weeks or so.

Does anyone know if there is a number I can call because the rejection email I get back from MS doesn't advise on anything else I can do. All it says is "our systems have detected wrong answers" or something like that.

Thanks in advance chaps

dd

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hi mate - you can contact the MCP team through the link below - hope this helps!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...62745883333361&wa=wsignin1.0&forceorigin=esmc

More info

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/help.aspx

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    drum_dude and JK2447 like this.
  3. drum_dude

Cheers mate, that was it. I've just called the Regional Support Centre who have de-linked the account from the old email address. They're now "merging" it with my MS ID linked to my 365 email address (there's an empty MCP profile associated with that ID). They said it should be sorted within 1 day.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  4. Sparky

Nice one mate - had a similar issue a few years ago when NITLC set me up with two MS IDs for some reason.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    drum_dude likes this.
  5. drum_dude

I didn’t know you were a former NITLC? When were you frequenting there? The old ball bearing factory they were in? I think the last course I attended there was the N+ during Dec 2004.

EDIT: looks like NITLC went down the pan back in 2016.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  6. drum_dude

Yay!!! Back in business, I can now get into me MCP account. Brill!

7. drum_dude

OK, so the saga continues lolz

My issue now is that that I can't book an exam due to an SSO problem with my account and Pearson VUE. So I've opened another ticket with MS who asked me for a load of screenshots etc. They'll get back to me when fixed.

I have to admit that the help from MS has been very good. I wasn't expecting Gold support but it's nearly just as good in response times etc.

8. drum_dude

Yay...all fixed, I can now schedule exams!

MS sorted all this pretty quick :thumbleft

9. Sparky

Started around 2005\2006 - didn’t attend the courses for the A+\Network+. Seems like ages ago now! :)

drum_dude likes this.