Loads of CD/DVD Cover disks

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by wizard, Jun 22, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hey guys and gals,

Do you know anyone that would be interested in a load of cover CD/DVDs mainly from PC Plus, PC Pro and Computer Shopper?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Wizard

If you're giving them away for free, you could try your local school's art dept (our art dept is looking for old CD's/DVD's to create a work of Art for the school).

I don't think you're in our area, otherwise I would say "Here for freebies, yes please." :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

A mate of mine in Port Talbot used the ones i had to make art work out off.
    Nowadays i just put all mine in the recycle bin for the council

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Twizzle,

What recycling bin do you use ? I'd love to know how to recycle old CDs ? I have loads, and feel guilty putting them to normal waste (aka --> landfill) :(

I did want to screw all my old CDs to the outside of my hut (which catches amazing sunshine) shiny side out, but the Missus told me to behave !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Our local council supplies a recycel bin for all houses in the area whcih is collected once a fortnight so all the recycable stuff goes in there including old cd's etc. Otherwise i'd say the would go in the plastics bin at your local tip.

I think screwing them to the outside of a shed would be a great idea!! blind all the neighbours in summer lol!
    Of cousre you could also turn them all into clocks and sell them at a car boot sale, or use them as coasters for your coffee cups, or skeets if you clay pigeon shoot, Hang them in trees or on poles in the garden as bird scarers or even stack them and use them to prop up that wobbaly table in the dining room!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0