Little Question

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cobirad, May 25, 2010.

1. cobirad

cobirad Bit Poster

Hello guys,

I got an academy for that teaches CCNA training, but was told their classes are just for once a week for 2 months and was wondering if its enough for CCNA training considering how complex some of the topics are.i dont know if i should enroll.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It depends on how good that training is, to be fair if you go to a training provider for the CCNA then chances are you are only going to be there for 5 days (if you break it down the the CCENT then it would be something like 2 weeks).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. TommyTee

TommyTee Byte Poster

I would just think of the classes as guidance and realise that you'll have to do the real work inbetween.

4. cobirad

cobirad Bit Poster

Well the center is one of Cisco academy, it a regional academy closer to where i live. But av not hard of a 2 months CCNA training anywhere that why am asking.

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

But it's not two months, it's 8 days spread over two months, as I mentioned above if you went to a training provider they would cover the CCNA in about 5 days or so. Infact Firebrand cover the CCNA in 6 days, thats the CCENT and CCNA exams.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. cobirad

cobirad Bit Poster

I just checked the FIREBRAND and i understand perfect what you are trying to explain.so its not actually the training period but how effective the training will be. Which means i have to add an effective self study to the Training, so i can have a kinda added advantage, right ?