List and Links to popular IT Certs

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Arroryn, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it seems to have the most "popular" certs, with links to the vendor website for more information.

Linky

At a glance, the most notable missing ones for me are MCSA and MCDST (so links added!)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Perhaps also add something on BCS Qualifications and particularly CITP :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Considering that:

on top of the page, it actually misses the Security+...

Yeah, I agree as they have the Canadian version on there, the ISP.

The site must a very old as they still mention: MCSE+I, MCP+I and MCP+SB

See here.

Apart from that, good find. There are alot of certs that I've never heard of or seen before :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Loads of Sun, Oracle and IBM certs missing as well as a lot of smaller vendors. Its a constantly changing ecosystem, makes it difficult for employers, hence I'd reccomend traditional education over certs in general.

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The site looks to have been last updated in around 2000 as that's the date on the copyright notice at the bottom. The links that go to MCSE for example now get redirected to the MS learning portal (as I assume those pages don't exist anymore).

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm pinning this thread (and gosh, the list of pinned threads in this forum is getting long) because I think it answers a lot of questions for new members who ask, "what certification should I get to have a good career in IT?" Lots and lots of people still thing the MCSE is the only way to go and just about the only cert besides a few from CompTIA and the CCNA. The list provided in this thread will add some much needed perspective. Thanks, Arroryn.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. itskillsguy

itskillsguy Nibble Poster

if you take a look at the following link,

HERE

you can see a nice certification road-map detailing how the certifications link together and what job roles they lead too. It's a great doc, but probably will needs some updating - i may start up a new thread about updating it as I have a few contacts at CompTIA and could probably get them to redo it - if you want me to do this then please let me know ;-)

itskillsguy

8. pheroman

pheroman New Member

Certifications: non
    WIP: mcse,mcsa,mctip,rhct