Linux certification queries

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by Asterix, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Hi Guys,
    I am working as a data centre engineer and as i am now building linux machines thought i would pursue certification in this area. From a little research it appears that LPIC-1 requires 12-24 months experience and Linux+ only required 6+ months, I have also read that if you select the check box at the beginning of the linux+ exam to send details to LPIC then you get the LPIC-1 certification also, has anyone achieved this and can confirm whether this information is correct as it seems rather odd that you would receive a cert that is apparently much harder than the Linux+ for (effectively) free. Am I missing the point here or is the new 2009 Linux+ exam much harder than previous versions? It is also apparent that linux certs are not as important to prospective employers as in the case of MS certs, would the Linux+ and LPIC-1 exams demonstrate a good competency of Linux technologies or not worth the effort?

regards,