Lewis Hamilton to leave McLaren

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Wow, I honestly thought he would stay with McLaren.

BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton to leave McLaren after signing Mercedes contract

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Same! I'm disappointed it looks like Schumacher will go back into retirement :( It's a shame he hasn't managed to capitalise more this season on some good opportunities due to various problems!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Personally, I wish Hamilton would go into retirement. I can't stand the bloke, think he's a stuck up little brat.

I hope he goes to Mercedes and does nothing, a lesson in humility for the little so and so!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

It's just like the football market, the players/drivers go wherever the money is (or wherever there agent, that knows nothing about the sport advises them is the best move for the career, which usually turns out to be the worst)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Most job markets are like this.

Certifications: A few.
  6. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

That is true, but then again if all other conditions are good then money wouldn't always become a priority.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  7. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I just remember him as the kid my mate bullied at school

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  8. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

He's rumoured to be getting $100 Million over 3 years. Seems to have come along way from that boy in the playground and I'm sure he wont remember your mate. :rolleyes:

Its crazy money but with such a short career I cant blame him, its a big decision to leave a British team and one he has been with since the age of 13 so there has to be something that incited him to move. The vast majority of Mercedes fans have spat the dummy out and think its a bad move, but Schumacher hasn't made much of an impact in the past 3 years so keeping him on another season was never on the cards. It makes things a little more interesting for next season.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...