Legality of Producing Training Videos of Microsoft Products

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by LordMoolyBap, Apr 16, 2009.

1. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

Hi all,

Just a quick question to which I don't seem to have found a definite answer to yet. I am going to create some flash tutorials in how to use various Microsoft Tools that I have a good amount of experience in (starting with Excel and VBA programming ect..) I am just wondering whether anyone knows of any legal precedence for "the man" coming down on me about it.

There are lots on You Tube already ect that don't seem to have a problem so I am hoping that's because there isn't one!

Providing it is ok I am thinking of producing some videos that will help train for certs (as mentioned above I will start with MCAS Excel 2007 first). Any thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dom 8)

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I dont see why it would be a problem, its no different really than getting someone to look over your shoulder and teaching them that way. I dont think that any MS EULA has any issues with that. The only thing that might be a snag (that you may not have thought about) is the eula of the desktop recording software your using (assuming camstudio). But again I dont see why that would be a problem.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To my knowledge, as long as products are fully licensed there shouldn't be any problems. Eg in the old student editions (I don't know about the new versions) of MS software you couldn't use the software for X reason(s) like in a production environment.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I've never heard of any requirement for this. I would have thought most vendors would be happy; it would promotes their products (when used in the correct way of course :D )

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

Yeah I think you're right. I will begin work on it then. I will post a link to it if you like when I have some on there. I am hoping the Office ones will help towards the MCAS so may benefit anyone looking to do them.

Thanks for the input!!

Dom 8)

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems