Learning Exchange 2007

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by ManicMonkey, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Its not really an exchange exam question so much as a question of learning.

My work is transitioning from 1 forest containing exchange 2003 to another forest containing 2007 (yes 2 seperate forests and im migrating users and mailboxes from one to the other - headache!!!).

Im trying to get my head around how exchange 2007 differs from 2003 (for example i cannot seem to get any exchange features to appear in the AD users and computers tabs)

Can anyone recommend some 2007 exchange reading material?

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  2. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

http://www.msexchange.org/

that helped me a bit.

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

With exchange 2007 they changed the way the mailboxes are connected to users. The biggest problem here was the subject of rights given to a mailbox admin on AD.
    I found "Microsoft exchange server 2007 unleashed" from Sams (by Morimoto) to be very good. Here is the ISBN: 0-672-32920-4

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Will Schmied gifted me a copy of his Exchange 2007 book that he wrote for Sybex. Haven't read it yet, but his Exchange 2003 book is quite helpful... I'd guess his Exchange 2007 book would be similar.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Tinus1959

Will's books are very good, but not available in the Netherlands when I needed it. That's why I bought the Sams. Worked fine for me. If Will's book is in the shops here I'll surely get it. But I passed the exam, so don't panic!:biggrin

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Heh!!! Nice play on Will's DontPanic pseudonym! ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Tinus1959

You saw the smiley! :blink:biggrin