learn direct

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Sep 10, 2009.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

i know we advocate self study but has anybody had any dealings with learn direct and their network plus course. it is available online for £50.00 plus vat. i know in the u.k they are a well established company or do you think that the money would be better spent on self study books. the course lasts for 6 months as well.i presume after that you will have to pay more to continue. is 6 months realistic ?

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Dave, the Net+ is easy to self study.. you want to spend money to achieve it????, you will still have to learn the material.. ask yourself this, can i read and learn. if the answer is yes, then all the information is on the net and a ton of it resides in our N+ forum.

Timescale depends.. i would say 2 months is practicable.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Meshan

Meshan Bit Poster

I did my ECDL with learn direct and TBH it's pretty much a self study option. Everything is done online, even if you go to the office, you still just get put in front of a PC. I actually liked that as I get distracted at home.

Alot of what they offer are just pre-courses. Read the descriptions closely and they don't offer the exam and they don't cover the full sylibus. The website also says the course can be completed in 10+ hours (I was looking at their A+)

If you have £50 and want to get a taste it's up to you

M

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Certifications: HCIMA, BIIAM, BSc (Hons),
    WIP: MCITP (70-622)
  4. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

thanks guys for the feedback. will do self study at home.

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  5. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Just to add to this I purchased one of the A+ courses from learn direct and when working through it I found that the material seemed poor and practice questions were poorly worded, I did post a few in a thread on here to get opinions and it was determined they were unclear in the wording and could have been all of the answers in some cases and none in others.

WIP: A+