Last day at work...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Dec 20, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Last day at work today before I leave to start the new one on 02.01.2013, scary feeling to be leaving this one of 3 years.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    Trogdor likes this.
  2. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

Good luck with the new job :)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)
  3. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Good time to leave though, nice long christmas break to relax before starting the new job. Good luck!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  4. shadowwebs

going to be studying over the christmas break i think though

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck with the new job - what are you going to be doing?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  6. shadowwebs

leaving local council for a local college tech job, may be a helpdesk role still but I feel that based on that when I got my job at the council the interview was mostly talking customer service, and the college interview was asking me how to build an image etc and then included a technical test which i found easy but of course some may find tricky.

7. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Well done landing it. Sounds good.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  8. shadowwebs

they had 2 jobs available, one was a fixed term 12 month contract and the other was a permanent job, they offered me the 12 month contract which was disappointing as i wanted the permanent but i have taken the job in the hope it will become permanent... not much around these days.

9. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Education is an interesting field of IT :)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
    shadowwebs likes this.
  10. shadowwebs

BB88... I need to hear more :)

11. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

I'm sure you'll like it, I'm working for LA at the moment. Used to work in a secondary school, and there was loads more stuff I could get my teeth into, network setup, servers etc. Education sector pays less for software so whatever MS produced we could download and have a play, used Office 2010 back in 2010 whereas here we are still on 2003. It all depends on the workplace and colleagues of course

12. shadowwebs

As long as it's a good working environment, which I am sure it will be then there cannot be any problems... but we shall see :)

13. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hope it went well and you waived everyone a cheerie goodbye!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  14. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Most teachers know nothing, about anything, other than their chosen field of learning. Common sense doesn't exist for them. There are exceptions to the rule of course.

"You take the pay, we'll take the blame" is a common phrase. Without a Technician on hand, they would struggle.

You are never thanked for doing something right, but always moaned at when something doesn't work.

It's not all bad though, there are perks; half-terms and summer holidays, etcetera :D

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  15. shadowwebs

I will be working for the support service, so the half-terms I will still be in work supporting the office workers, but I won't mind that too much.

16. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I handed in my notice yesterday as I have also secured a new job. Looking forward to starting in Feb.

Congrats on the new job.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP