laser print process

Discussion in 'A+' started by Bear 41, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Bear 41

Bear 41 New Member

can any one help please as im getting confused.
    In the Mike Meyers book the cleaning process comes first but in the Dummies book it comes last.Does this mean it doesn't matter which way round it goes, Is someone wrong and does it matter for the A+ exam. :rolleyes:

WIP: a+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would guess it depends on the model of printer... if there is a mechanism to clean the excess toner off immediately after a print job, then it comes last; if the mechanism cleans immediately before the print job starts, then it comes first.

That said, as far as CompTIA certification goes, I'd believe Mike Meyers before I believed a Dummies book... a coworker of mine used A+ for Dummies and failed - TWICE! I advised her to use the Meyers book, and she passed without ANY trouble - she said it made "all the difference int he world".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

As Michael said it does vary depending on what model printer you use.

I'm also studying for the A+ exam myself using "CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide (sybex)" and it states the cleaning process comes first. Both books (Mike Meyers and Sybex) are on CompTIAs recommended self study books so I would go along with what they teach.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/find_materials.aspx

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

It's cleaning first, and I agree with the above on believing the Meyers text over a Dummies book - the MMAIO text is "the Bible" of A+ study.

If you're having problems remembering it, use an acronym. That's what I've done in loads of exams, having been taught the method at school.

I think, for laser printing I used this:

Crappy
    Capri's
    Won't
    Drive
    Too
    Fast

Nothing against Capri's, but it's an easy car to remember!

And if I remember rightly, the order goes Clean, Charge, Write, Develop, Transfer, Fuse.

Use an acronym that works for you. It does wonders! Honest!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Chris Can Walk Dance and Talk French #or my fav:

California Cows Won't Dance The Fandango

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Just using common sense, if cleaning was the last process, then the print could start with a dirty surface from dust picked up during the periode the printer was not used. Cleaning just before the print is made is the only way to ensure a clean role.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  7. Bear 41

Bear 41 New Member

ok thanks every one thats a big help.
    :D

WIP: a+
  8. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Hi Bear,

You're getting some pretty solid advice.

I don't recall anyone ever commenting about an exam question determining whether cleaning comes first or last. It's a perpetual process, one cycle picks up where the other leaves off.

Some of the resources I've encountered have claimed that it is the last step to avoid leaving a dirty drum. For the sake of the CompTIA exams, it's said to be the first.

And like the others, even though I've found errors in the Meyer's books, I would take the Meyers references over the Dummies series anytime.

Bill

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Cleaning first, I have the CompTIA PDI+ beta exam on Friday and have been doing a little reading up (even though it says no study required, as its a beta to see how the exam actually is) everything I have read always states cleaning comes first.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?