laptops screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PAT, Jun 9, 2006.

1. PAT

PAT Banned

With most laptops, when you unplug the mains power, the screen dims. Its to save battery.

Is there a way around this cos it means I cant take mine in the garden cos its so dim I cant see the screen in the sun.

thanks

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

There should be a brightness and contract setting on the laptop somewhere, they are usually on the keyboard and you have to press a "FNC" or "Function" key at the same time. the keys that have an additional output when the fnc key is pressed usually show the additional function as a different colour, most noticably the numeric keypad.

Does that make sense !!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Another way is to go into the power-saving util. You can usualy set what happens about the dim etc for different scenarios.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

On my laptop it is FN (Function) in the middle of ctrl and the windows key, F7 to turn it down and F8 to turn up. Yours maybe differernt though.

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  5. PAT

PAT Banned

that was the problem the power util was not installed. i will have to find it on the google.

thanks for the help :)

6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

try :shades

..seriously, do what the lads suggested, but try shades too

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP