Lab question

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by mistak999, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mistak999

mistak999 New Member

Hi I am new here.

I am intending on taking the 640-801 exam.
    In preperation of gettign started with the course I have managed to blag the following:
    2 x Cisco 2501 Routers and
    2 x Cisco 3500 Catalyst Switches

Although I have managed to blag this equipment for free I have no cables.

I have been advised I can use a 60 pin DCE to DTE to connect the routers and configure a virtual circuit, however I also want to connect each switch to a router ( and then a pc to each switch)

How do I connect the router and switch? Can this be doen directly ? Do I need a special cable?

Please advise?

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi mistak999. I'm afraid I wont be able to answer your questions, but plenty of the Guys soon will. In the meantime, why not swing by our New Members board at the top of the Forums and say a quick "hello" - always makes it easier to answer your questions when we're a little more familiar :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

chances are you will just need a standard UTP Cable for the switches to the routers with the addition of a tranciever for each router as i believe the 2500 series come with AUI ports not RJ45 ports, they shouldnt be more than a tenner

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0