L+ Practice tests

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by Becki, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Can anyone recommend some for my trainer, as he can't find many decent ones, free preferably!

Thanks Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Free generally means cr@p.

Might need to fork out some ££££ :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You normally get what you pay for.

However you may want to see here to start off with.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

shouldnt your trainer be providing/sourcing you with study materials/practice tests? Who exactly is paying who here?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Node

Node Byte Poster

somethings fishy about becki! A+ and N+ all in one week, i thought she failed the A+ 3 times but then passes the N+ in the same week she passes A+? Might be understandable if she has a year or two experiance in IT but by the looks of it she has 0 experiance!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Back on topic, for the moment. The issue is Linux+ practice exams.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd also like a decent car, preferably free.

What? Those don't exist? :ohmy

Ah... I guess you get what you pay for. :wink:

Sometimes bad, free training is worse than no training at all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Bizarrely enough one of my customers phoned me and asked for a new *free*PC today. After a brief chat he said he didn’t want to pay any money for it as it was going to be used at home so he could use it in the evenings.

After I stopped laughing I told him I had an old Pentium 2 spec PC in the office he could have for free but then he said “Wait a minute here, it has to be something decent, I don’t want any old cr@p”

So to recap the guy wanted a decent PC but didn’t want to pay any money for it. Just to wind him up slightly (I couldn’t resist!) I mentioned that I *may* have a spare Sony Vaio that was just collecting the dust somewhere; he was interested so I put him on hold while I went and looked for the laptop. :biggrin

A few mins later I came back to the phone and told him that the laptop had gone and apparently it had been given away to another user who phoned up for a free laptop a few days ago. He was disappointed but I told him I would phone him back if I ever had any brand new PCs that I didn’t want and needed to get rid of in exchange for no money whatsoever. He thanked me for my time and hung up.

Anyways... :offtopic

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have to agree

At about 7.30pm I did a free practice test for the A+ 601 exam whilst the question were very well worded the questions themselves were almost all irrelivant to the new 2006 objectives and it specifically says its for 2006 objectives.

It had DOS questions in which yes knowing them is still useful should you end up on a machine with dos 6.2 its hardly likley. Also the practice exams I have paid for are more relevant.

So its true you get what you pay for.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

H E L L O ...... Linux+ practice tests, and i want to find some for my trainer as he has helped my through my certs so i want to help him pass it :)

11. BosonMichael

Then if you want to help him pass it, tell him to stay away from free practice exams. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It really doesn't matter if its L+ A+ S+ or whatever generally if its free its sh*t, thats why you pay for exams from Boson, Transcender and preplogic because you are paying for exams from quality exam writers.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Bottom line is if you want a quality product, you have to pay for it. Why would your trainer expect to find good Linux+ practice questions for free and why are you, a student, expected to find them for him/her?

14. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

i said preferably free,not that they have got to be free, all i wanted was a list of practice tests to give to my trainer to help him out?!

as my original post said

15. BosonMichael

That boggles my mind... if your trainer can't find decent practice exams for himself... he *really* has no business being in the training industry teaching you about technology. That'd be like a stock broker not being able to find good mutual funds for himself, or a car salesman who can't seem to find a good car for himself.

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member