Kamikaze MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Col, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Col

Col Byte Poster

Right, I've booked to do my 70-271 and 70-272 for next week. I thought I'd do them on the same day (much like the A+) but is this a recipe for disaster? I'm fairly confident :rolleyes: and consistently get pass marks on the simulation exams but still worry slightly that this is a little on the insane side...

Oh, and why is the Prometric website so annoyingly slow?

Certifications: A+ Network+ MCP MCDST MCITP
    WIP: CCENT Security+
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Personally I wouldn't do them on the same day, as you wont achieve as well as what you could. I guess if you study one at a time you will know what's going to come up instead of getting mixed up about what exam will cover it. Also you can focus on one more and give 100% rather than giving 50% of work into each. Also I find one exam is enough for me. But you never know you might be fine, that's just my personal opinion mate.

Good luck anyway :biggrin

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. Col

Col Byte Poster

Thanks Dave,

I suppose I should go at it a bit slower but I guess there's always Second Shot if I screw it up....

4. Col

Col Byte Poster

Bottled it. Decided to give myself another couple of weeks and booked one for one week and one for the week after.

5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Count yourself lucky that you get to bottle it. My local prometric center is so small and I guess swamped with people doing health and safety tests etc that If I want to do the 70-646 and the 70-648 I have to do them on consecutive days and in the too near for my liking future

I'm bricking it. I'm pretty sure I'll get by and hopefully they'll add some more dates but jeez:blink

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  6. Col

Col Byte Poster

Yeah, I've found that it's getting trickier to book the ideal slots at my local provider too. Hopefully I won't have to reschedule these again and pass them OK.

Good luck with the exams!

7. Col

Col Byte Poster

Update. Passed 271 on Monday. Thank god. Sitting 272 next Fri. Kind of wish I had did them in one hit now and got it over with.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. Jonny70

Jonny70 Bit Poster

How did the second one go? Hopefully awesome!

11. Col

Col Byte Poster

Just got back from the test centre. Passed! Quite glad to get that one out of the way as found it oddly fiddly. Now going to go for the 70-682 and then probably no further until somebody gives me a job.

12. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the passes:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA