Just when the missus starts complaining...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by derkit, Feb 13, 2010.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

If you thought you're wife/gf/missus was moaning over having a few laptops, screens, routers, even servers in the house for your studying - point her to this guy:

HUGE LAB

And threaten that if you don't get it right the first time, you may end up having to build this!
    (of course, she won't know any different....... <checks over shoulder for g/f> )

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Hah..I liked the "I dont even need a furnace down here, the equipments heats up the house"

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Complain? I think I want to marry him!!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

And theres me getting lectured about not spending time with her when playing about with a virtual server. Pftttttt LOL :rolleyes:

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  5. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Loving the copper water pipes above the racks in the first pic!

6. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

I think I might set up my girlfriends homepage as his site....just to prove that I don't own too much equipment!! :D :twisted:

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've seen this before lol it's a consultant that works from home, obviously lol! but he does things like Proof of concept, etc.. on his lab and for training of course! But indeed that electrical bill must by sky high!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Nice!

Thinking of asking the other half for this setup for my birthday, then letting him barter me down to a couple of ML110's and a cisco switch :twisted:

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I am close to this.. I may actually post a picture of some of my servers, I currently have 18 HP Rack Mount servers stored between my parents any my garage, luckily enough I don't use them (from a power cost perspective). I actually stick with my vSphere box which is more loaded than the servers.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. OnFire

OnFire Nibble Poster

My missus would definately bitch me out for that....I can hear it now......"You sir cannot cable for toffee, this is our home not the millennium falcon!!!"

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None....at last!!
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - ya like that, huh?

[​IMG]

:biggrin

That sits above my ESX hosts and Openfiler. Spent four grand getting my little basement tanked out about five years ago now - best investment I ever made on my house as it's given me a server room. Downside is, I never got round to finishing the ceiling off properly after I did the walls... so it looks like a cross between an office... and a dungeon :D

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Zeb, quit flirting with Arro... :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!