Just Taken The Plunge...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

and converted to Mozilla Firefox.

Was feedup with IE7, it kept continuously producing App Crashes, even though I was running it with no addons. This then brought down my MS Virtual Machine 2007, which started to annoy me :X

Gotta say, should have moved sooner, everything is so much quicker, what browser do you use?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Still an IE diehard I'm afraid.

Have tried Firefox several times and it is installed on my machine but for some reason it just doesn't "do it" for me :ohmy

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Gosh, what took you so long. :blink:biggrin I just pulled this story off of twitter.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

IE7 :tongue

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I know, I know, I'm a bit 1980's :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome. We've been waiting for you. :p

7. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Maxthon Browser.... simply awesome.. my opinion though:D

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

They still make the Maxthon browser? Isn't it based off of an old version of IE? Has MS made the IE7 shell available to 3rd-party developers?

9. cojer uk

cojer uk New Member

Mozilla is ten fold better than IE!!

WIP: A+
  10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Microsoft is better than Firefox! :biggrin

:wink: :wink:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Let the games begin. :wink: :biggrin

12. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I mainly use IE, occasionally firefox, and now safari on my iphone constantly lol

Did you have the tabs turned on in IE7 craigie? the reason I ask is that my browser continually crashed as did my mums, turned off tabs function and it fixed it. That said I always use tabs in FF and it rarely crashes

WIP: A+
  13. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Been using Firefox since it's birth (and before the Firefox 'brand'). I love how customizable it is. I have lots of great extensions for it to make it even better.

I love Google Chrome too but until it can use extensions etc I will stick with Firefox.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  14. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

I use both IE and firefox (Great for add-ons) about 50/50, surprised Opera hasn't been mention by anyone.

WIP: LIFE
  15. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I did use IE7 for a brief spell soon after it's release, and although it's a HUGE improvement on v6... I'm still a die-hard Firefox user.

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  16. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

And what ever happened to poor old Netscape. Hard to believe that it was once the dominant web browser. :)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  17. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

die hard firefox fan here, at first I used IE and the switch was a little uncomfortable but eventually I got used to FF and never looked back, I use safari alot as well.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  18. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Yep... actually works well on IE7.. currently running this version of it 2.1.4.443 UNICODE.

I also run Avant every now and then but most consistently Maxthon

The edge of maxthon is that I can be able to access all my bookmarks from any other PC that runs maxthon... nice.. like a database that stores all your settings, so long you create a personal account of which you have to log on to and also its security feature where you can lock down your browser without closing the browser in case you want to leave your desk for a while...

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  19. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

I have to say IE i'm afraid.

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet
  20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

While I'm a die hard Firefox user, I have to say to be fair, that if you do any web design or development, you'll probably want to do your testing at least on IE 6 and 7, Firefox, and Safari. If you *really* want to be safe, you'll throw Opera into the mix.