Just submitted my application to the ILM

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well, it's been on my mind for a while, but I've sent off my application form to join the ILM.

I'm joining with a view that this will help develop my management skills along with me pursuing the NVQ 3, LCGI in Management and my experience.

My passion is IT, so I'm considering the long term goals and future (eg career progression, family, etc...) and what path I'm going to start heading down.

I know that UKD (Kev) is a member, but also wondering if anyone else is a member of the ILM. For those that are members, what benefit(s) have you found useful?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Bah, I saw the title and thought, Ken's got a job with ILM!

http://www.ilm.com/

[​IMG]

Free movie tickets, premiers, trips to Hollywood, George Lucas's autograph... I'm very dissapointed mate, I'm going to be sulking in work tomorrow so you'd better not come in. :)

Oh and erm, GL with the app. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's pretty cool that The Hulk aspires to be as great as Yoda.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

It is on my list of associations to work with / join, but need to work on FITS Accreditation, CITP and Project Management too.

Only so many hours in the day and still trying to focus on things that will give educational gains ... not overly sure ILM will do that yet.

5. Kitkatninja

Hi All,

Well, got home to find a large package on the table. I've been approved Full membership into the ILM :biggrin

So all I'm doing now is working towards the NVQ 3 and LCGI (level 4) in Management. Then decide if I want to start developing my career down the management path or continue down the technical route (if you guys know what I mean)...

Oh well - decisions, decisions... :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congrats mate, now the most important question I can think of is . . . . . . . . what was in the box???!!! :biggrin

I've got the ILM Team Leader Certificate and met with one of their top people to let them know what I thought of the program . . . . Very good IMO. A lot of our managers have since been sent on their Management Diploma programme.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Kitkatninja

:biggrin A Membership cert, a wallet card, welcome letter, Code of Practice, ILMNews magazine, Edge magazine and the 2009-2010 Programme for Member Events :)

I haven't decided if I want to go for the NVQ 4 in Management or their diploma, or if I'm going to do any of them in the first place (at first I was sure that I'd do it, now I'm not so sure - alot of work).

-Ken

8. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Their diploma took a year when they came into our place and was a lot of work my old boss told me . . . sorry thats vague, he's left now so I can't ask him

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey congrats Ken :biggrin

Welcome to (yet another) club !

So are you now MInstLM ?

They have a LinkedIn Group which is not too bad (see my profile for the Group)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  10. Kitkatninja

Thanks guys :)

-Ken