Just starting MCSD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Maverick, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I am just starting out on my route to MCSD certification. I have been a Software Engineer for the past 9 years and would like to become certified (MS wise), so as to gain a better job.

I have bought the MCAD/MCSD Microsoft .NET Core Requirements kit, but was wondering whether it was worth buying a study track such as from SndLine Training? Has anyone had any experience with such training material?

Any advise on starting out would be greatly appreciated. I thought that I would start with 70-316 as that is where I am mostly experienced.

WIP: MCSD
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If you have got prior experience in the technologies then the MS Press study book should suffice for now.

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Personally, i find watching or listening to study material as good (if not better) than reading.
    For some reason though, the material for MCSD is harder to find than network administration.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I have decided that I might as well study for the MCST exam. As (1) it will be quicker for me to pass than the MCSD; (2) as I have yet to start my studies I might as well go for the new style certification. As such I have today ordered the following from Amazon:

"MCTS Self Paced Training Kit: Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation"

"Programming Microsoft Visual C# 2005: The Language"

I will get the books tomorrow, and thus my studies will commence. We use .NET v2.0 at work on new projects anyway.

WIP: MCSD