Just some advice really

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dazzlerellis, Jan 24, 2009.

1. dazzlerellis

dazzlerellis New Member

Hi all, i got inspired to do some self study thanks to Zimbos great thread, and opted to start with Comptia, i booked the exam but my job started to get a bit much (PAYE/VAT inspections etc), anyway it took a back seat for awhile.

I recently got made redundant and was adamant to to my exams, i settled on a two week refresher and passed my A+ Essentials easily, i decided to take my 602 IT Tech exam a week later and yesterday i passed that too.

I am now unemployed and am wondering what I should do next really, i am interested in doing the N+ exam but as this is all coming out of my own pocket is it worthwhile? Could i operate as a self employed It Tech with the qualifications i have now? any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Certifications: Comptia 220-602
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Firstly, congrats on the passes:thumbleft.

As for the N+, I'd say its definitely worthwhile doing it. When I started on the IT cert route, I started with the A+ and then followed that with the N+.

I managed to land my first IT job with these 2 certs, shortly followed by passing a microsoft cert.

Good luck in whatever route you choose.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. dazzlerellis

dazzlerellis New Member

lol Cheers, how long do you reckon the N+ will take i'll be going down the Mike Myers book route i would imagine.

Certifications: Comptia 220-602
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Depends how confident you are, might take a week might take a year. Only you know the answer to this.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?