just sat 70-646

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by sheepluv, May 10, 2011.

1. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

What a day

Booked 646 a week ago as I had nearly finished Study of the sybex book.
    Couple of issues over the weekend, been feeling rough and wifes dad unwell in hospital (have to watch my kids etc.) but no excuses I didnt do much study over the weekend really. So I rushed to finish the book off in work and house yesterday but seemed happy with it. I didnt get a chance to review the chapter summaries properly or to do all the included materials on the CD. Considering I started the book a few months ago I should of!!

But anyway.. went down the test center today, never every been in one before so was stressed a bit :blink Done the first 20 odd questions but took my time too much and got into a panic half way knowing I didnt have much time to finish.. not good :(
    Then there was five companies / case studies with info, setup etc. of each and questions on each (you had to review the companies info, goals etc...). So blasted through the first set of questions on a company without realising I had to refer to the info on the company, which I didnt realise until the 2nd company! Duhh Nerves turning me into a numpty! :(

Done the next 2 companies and the (already slow) PC decides its going to stop on the white screen between exams .. and stay there.. waited 5 mins odd no joy. Waited another 5 with my hand up in the room, but nobody came so had to go out and get someone. She reset the machines and put me back in, I think it was roughly where I was (this all took some time). Carried on, still stressed (even more by this time) and got the end (in relief to be honest). Didnt pass though! Got 640 odd

Not a great day! :D

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that mate, at least now you know what you are in for and i am sure you will ace it next time :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like the gods conspired against you there. Not the circumstances you want going into your first test-centre exam. Or during, for that matter.
    As Blurerinse says, you will be more relaxed next time. Your not far off, so a combination of a couple of weeks catching up on what you didn't manage to do and the fact that you know what to expect should see you alright.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

A couple or 3 more questions and it may have been a pass.

On the plus side, you now know the areas in which you are weak in so you can concentrate on that to gain a pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

thanks for the supportive comments :)

I was more stressed than usual (can be a stresshead tbh), have had a stinking cold the last week which doesnt help. But definately know what to expect now, the way the exams tend to go (I can review things etc.), the ways things are done at the testcenter. The reception fitty said because its close and the PC has crashed to complain to Prometric, which ive done. I might get a free resit possibly will see.
    PC crashed when I done a review too, which sort of put you off doing an end of section review too.. :blink

Lots of questions refer to R2 though, although its hard to say if the answers would be any different to usual 2008 (non that I can remember TBH). It did put me off a bit though, R2 is not covered in Sybex book. I have a got one R2 server at work (and a vanilla 2008 ) there are subtle differences, a few more features etc..

Think I will retry in a few weeks, the school holidays sounds good and im not going to tell anyone here (expect to get time off).

Review the CD material and chapter summaries this time :dry and the weaker areas, did get a printoff

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  6. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

Passed it today :)

Found it hard to concentrate (mind wanders), new to all this test center stuff but much better than last time :D Lots of the case studies etc. are hard to keep in your head in an exam situation, confidence I guess I need to build with that

Was glad to get this out the way, had enough of the material.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Great, well done!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

cheers chaps :)