just passed 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by warp65, May 16, 2008.

1. warp65

warp65 New Member

hello everyone.. 1st post here but i've been lurking for a while :biggrin

just thought i would let you know that ive just passed 70-271 with a score of 783 :)

this was my 1st resit after scoring 687 in december 2007, i found the 2nd time round that it was a lot easier for me to focus on the exam questioning and review my answers better.. wish i'd sat it straight after the 1st fail now

ive been using the MCDST sybex book alongside the mspress book for 70-270.. ive also used CBT nuggets, which has been amazing.. really focuses on what you need to know!

so now.. a few drinks tonight and then onwards to 70-272 next week, with a view to sitting that exam mid june!

i also need to get my 70-270 exam done within the next 3 months, to keep up with the timetable of my training provider. Ive had a 5 day MOAC course already and ive got access to 70-270 measureup testing through my company, but from doing the certification testing ive found that most the questioning seems to be very outdated or irreverent questioning... not at all like the 70-270 course or the 271 exam ive passed.

how much of a transition do you think there is from the content of the MCDST to the 70-270?

should i just go for the 70-270 and see what happens??!

Certifications: MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: 70-290 then 70-291
  2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Congrats!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! 8)

I haven't done 270, althtough I am studying 271 and 272; however, someone will be along soon who should be able to answer.

Why not introduce yourself in the New Members area?

And welcome to CF!

4. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Nice one, congratz

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  5. Pie Eater

Pie Eater Nibble Poster

I've not been on in a long time, first post in a while..been lurking in the background!!

Well Done m8!! :)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

Congrats.

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

70-270's a step up from the 70-271 and 70-272 exams, as it's part of the MCSA track. Microsoft recommends that you have six months experience administering client OSes in a real-world business domain environment before attempting it... but your training provider probably didn't tell you that.

Best of luck to you! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. warp65

warp65 New Member

hello all.

cheers for the congrats..

i soo need to start spending a bit more time on this forum!! its been nice to read through and discover that everyones been really busy with their certs.. nice to see the second shot deal return too :D

i sat the 70-270 at the end of july and passed with around 800.. ive now got the 70-272 booked for sept 5th! still kinda on track

ive been testing with the MS Press Readiness Review software that comes with the book for the past week or so. anyones thoughts on this?? im finding the questioning a bit odd.. asking for the small bits of information on tasks rather that the scenario format that you get in the normal exams.

bit weird really... cos it says its developed by measure up, and i subscribed to their web exams for 270 and found them excellent prep after a while... but this seems a bit pants. any thoughts? should i keep using it?

after 272, ive a well earned summer holiday and then ive got my 290 moac course booked mid october, with a view to sitting 290 that before the end of the year.. and then 291.

is it too ambitious to think i can get this done by feb?? ive 3 years good 2nd line working experience around TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, AD, Terminal Services (Citrix)

Certifications: MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: 70-290 then 70-291
  10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Indeed, congrats. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Well done! :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST