Just IT (Training provider) - My experience so far

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by csquare, Mar 11, 2013.

1. csquare

csquare New Member

Hi all,

I signed up with Just IT back in July 2012 (was successful with the interview etc) and signed up to their Network Professional Programme (NPP)

I've done most of the course (still to do my 70-640 and CCNA), but they're supposed to be completed during employment.

Like many people who graduated/seeked jobs during the recession, even getting any response whatsoever from recruiters was difficult.

I was seduced by their £18-25k job guarantee (or your money back) offer.

Basically, I have completed the bulk of the training, passed exams etc and was put on a 3 week work placement with a major UK employer which I aced at...really enjoyed it.

I was getting impatient with the work placement and decided to apply for jobs, put my CV on job boards etc and I received sooo many calls from recruiters! I even got headhunted by a global computer manufacturer back in my home town for an interview!

I have had one interview so far and was told I got the job but the employer didn't want to spend the recruiter fees so breached their contract. This was last week, was a bit miffed.

Just IT were great in finding me new work and I now have 2 interviews lined up (tomorrow and the day after) for managed service providers in London.

I would recommend doing the course if you want that assurance of actually landing a job at the end of doing your training.

The staff at Just IT are always very helpful and are willing to provide help if you yourself show focus and commitment. This is important because if you're not focused/committed then you probably won't shine as a potential candidate for a job.

I did their distance learning programme (using TestOut's Labsim) and sat the various cert exams in Pearson/Prometric centres which probably took me longer than usual as there was a bit of a lull between completing 70-680 and landing myself a placement due to the festive break (finished the Win7 cert in November and had to wait until Jan/Feb for the placement) but I had already discussed this with the staff at Just IT who were very accurate in their description of when I would be doing the placement.

All I can say that is that if you have a bit of experience behind you but are still not getting any interviews, Just IT will help polish up your CV, teach you soft skills and really show you how to stand out and become an IT professional.

Although the course fees are a bit off-putting for some (for me it was £3.5k as I paid it all up front) - you can pay about £995 and then pay as you earn although was put off from doing this due to it being more expensive. I actually inherited some money from a deceased relative in 2011 so was able to pay the course and live in London for a few months to do the placement and find a job. Others may not be so lucky, although the course definitely has paid itself off so far although I have yet to sign on the dotted line for a job (let alone be accepted at interview for one!) although things are definitely looking *very* promising so far.

I'm not an employee of Just IT nor have I been asked to write this, am just writing it due to my satisfaction with the course.

Would definitely recommend it to someone who was trying to get their foot in the door.

Certifications: BSc DipHE HNC MCTS (70-680) A+
    WIP: MCTS (70-640) CCNA
    saqib.khalid likes this.
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

how suitable would it be for someone with no IT exp?

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sorry but you registered a couple of days ago and weren't asked to write anything?? Something's a little fishy there.

By your own words you were "getting impatient with the work placement" but "Would definitely recommend it to someone who was trying to get their foot in the door", so which is it, you were impatient with the work placement or would definitely recommend? It can't be both because, let's be fair they aren't conducive to each other.

I would also take a look at "I received sooo many calls from recruiters", if you received so many calls from recruiters then why are you having to fall back on "I now have 2 interviews lined up" with JustIT? Surely your being inundated with sooo many calls you shouldn't need any extra help finding work.

There is also "I would recommend doing the course if you want that assurance of actually landing a job at the end of doing your training", why if you are so happy with the assurance did you need to put your CV out on the various jobsites after getting impatient with the work placement??

Next let's also face it, the time between finishing the exam (November) and a placement in Jan\Feb is quite a while (yes I understand holiday periods etc) but surely they should have factored that in, not everyone is fortunate enough to have inheritated money and be able to survive that time between exams and placements.

I stand by the idea that you shouldn't have to pay an agency to find you a job, the distance learning that you paid for could quite as easily have been provided by yourself just purchasing the books and videos directly, peer support from this site has proven reliable in the past and you would have saved a fortune.

Had you been a member in good standing with a track record of some kind of history here then I wouldn't be so harsh on you but I am sorry this post is just.....

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    dmarsh and jvanassen like this.
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Most of the calls are utter crap though – once your CV is out there expect lots of calls to try and find out how little you will work for.

Head hunted? Which “computer manufacturer”? – I may have heard of them.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. csquare

csquare New Member

I don't have anything to do with Just IT, just a happy customer.

If you want to go down that route with me, fine. I'm not bothered. Well actually, I am...but this is the internet so I can vouch for you when someone appears out of the blue with no previous contact with a forum or such, meh...

I thought of doing the self study thing but tbh, I felt that a "job guarantee" was too good to pass up the offer of.

And in regard to the fact that I received "sooo many calls" from recruiters, well, to be honest with you, I decided to decline every offer other than the one back up in Glasgow due to wanting to do the job searching the "Just IT" way and be recruited into a role which they felt was more suited to me (as they have known me for 6 months+ and have built a really good relationship with them).

Juelz - there are people doing the course with Just IT and they have no experience and are having to do more than one work placement. I would recommend volunteering for a local charity or something like that, I did that for a year and it helped immensely, I actually procured several servers and desktops and set up an active directory network, deployed Office on all the desktops via AD etc....much fun.

To be perfectly honest, it all boils down to what kind of person you are. I'm a really hard worker but suck at building a good profile, so would recommend these folks as this is what they're good at.

- - - Updated - - -

Dell. Probably not going for it though, can't really be arsed moving back up to Glasgow at present. Liking London lots!

- - - Updated - - -

SimonD - you could take a look at my LinkedIn profile, it should put you in a better position to assess what kind of person I am.

It's in my CF profile.

I'm not just your average so-and-so ;)

Certifications: BSc DipHE HNC MCTS (70-680) A+
    WIP: MCTS (70-640) CCNA
    saqib.khalid likes this.
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good to see moving down to London hasn't gone to your head mate. :) :)

Why don't you get back up the road to Glasgow where people are more grounded. :)

Why did you knock back the Dell job?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Calling them self a head hunter is all the rage now. I was contacted by a head hunter also, shame the job wasnt as good as my current one :D

Was Just IT the company where the owner posted on here to defend his company a few years back?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Yes it was, I even had a phone conversation with him.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  9. Rockerfella

Rockerfella Bit Poster

LOL this is so obviously the company. Look at the way its written. The person is way too passionate and like someone said earlier his the one whos started the post .

There are too many cowboys out there.

10. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Anyone who does or has worked in IT has looked at companies like this, and all have found out, some the hard way, some not so hard, but there is most definitely no such thing as a 'Job Guarantee' from anyone!

It's a ridiculous notion that common sense will tell you is not practical and is impossible! People still fall for it, but anyone who claims to have taken up such a position etc IMO is simply lying!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!