Just had a thought

Discussion in 'A+' started by bob667, Nov 24, 2005.

1. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Is there anyone in the Witney area that could provide me with some practical experience, all I've done so far is theory and it would really be a problem getting into a lab cos of the financial side of it.

I am considering asking round local firms but if that doesn't materialise I'd be a bit stuffed really. :eek:

Certifications: None!
    WIP: A+, 70-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry, can't help you.

You could try asking companies if they have any ols PC's that they don't want anymore.

You'd be suprised what you can pick up for £30 or less!

3. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

That's cool, just found 5 places to call up nearby, hopefully 1 of them will be interested, otherwise it'll have to be Oxford :eek: Wish me luck :biggrin

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Good luck! :biggrin

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Good luck!!

To be honest, I'm doing the same. I live in a village full of hicks (well, kind of) but my local towns have plenty of small retailers; I'm going through the Yellow Pages and asking if any of them want a Saturday worker.

Well, I will be after Christmas. If they pay me, it'll help lesten the expense blow out!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Well things are looking up now. Called a few pc maintenance companies and having lunch with one of them tomorrow. Now this is quite freaky cos I've been putting this off for ages and it turns out the guy I'm seeing tomorrow, he's actually looking to expand from being a one man band. :eek: Coincidence or fate, I'll have to wait and see if he actually takes me on :biggrin

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sounds very promising, good luck!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Well that's fallen through then, it's the lack of a driving licence that clinched it :( Nevermind, now if I could just get a months solid work I'd be sorted :biggrin

9. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

Might be worth having a look at voluntary work that you can do in the evenings/weekends - that way you can work your usual job. in the past i did some work for Age Concern but charity shops that take in old computers would probably be happy to have some one work on them also

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Don't give up. As soon as you start any work paid/unpaid, this is the start of the game! Trust me, this is what happened to me :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Me? Give up? HA! Not a chance. Already decided next course of action, just need some work full stop to facilitate all my ideas, cos that's all they ever will be, ideas, until I've got some money behind me. I mean is a months solid work so much to ask from 4 agencies??? :hhhmmm

12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

i know what you mean! Stick with it matey, it will work out when you least expect it :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT