Just failed my 70-229 exam :(

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by RogueTrooper, May 13, 2008.

1. RogueTrooper

RogueTrooper Bit Poster

Hi everyone.

Just failed my exam with an awful score of 378. I was using the Que book, but the exam questions that came with it were woefully inadequate. I need the SQL Server exam in order to complete my MCAD. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what book and exam questions would reflect the real Microsoft exam and give me a greater chance of passing? The Que books by Amit Kulani were very good for the C#/ASP.NET/Web Services, but the style was totally different for this exam.

Certifications: MCAD CIW Site Designer
    WIP: MCSD
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I have used the Microsoft Press books for all my MCPs, they are pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCAD-MCSE-MCDBA-Self-Paced-Training/dp/0735619603/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210699925&sr=8-1

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. RogueTrooper

RogueTrooper Bit Poster

That's probably the best course of action. Not too expensive either! How about practice exams? How do the 2 Microsoft-approved practice exam vendors compare(MeasureUp and Self Test)? They're both about the same price, so I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.

Certifications: MCAD CIW Site Designer
    WIP: MCSD
  4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

That's some bad luck...
    I assume MS will give some high level feedback showing how you did in various categories. Hopefully you can take the experience and build from it.

Better luck next time.

5. bosox2004

bosox2004 New Member

Hi

I used the Self Test exam questions when I took this exam a couple of years back and found them very useful (in fact I've used them for all my exams as they generally reflect the type of exam questions very well.)

I started doing the Que practice exams for my recent upgrades for my MCSA but found they asked completely random questions that bore no resemblance to those is the MS Press books or the Self Test practice exams - I don't think I'll use them again.

Good Luck when you retake the exam

Certifications: MCSE(W2K/W2K3),MCSA(W2K/W2K3),MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA