Just bought Mike Meyers Videos.. So far I am much more happier than

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Ifailed, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

crap videos from skillsoft. Really.. Mike Meyers videos explain stuff far easier but more effective than garbage from skillsoft. Wish I knew how bad skillsoft training videos were and didn't waste $400 on their training package for A+ and Network+. So far, I watched first 4 hours of Mike's video and it was awsome. He actually shows how real tools, switches, mdf, idf etc on video and organized stuff real well. Compared to that skillsoft video was absolutely garbage. Comptia should've put Mike's video on their official website instead of garbage from skillsoft.

I will probably try his total sim and practice exam after I finish video and try network+ exam again. I will post update in 2 weeks. :p

tip: stay away from comptia official guide package(skillsoft, certsmaster). They are designed to make you fail the exam if you are newcomers. Don't waste your time and money on crap guide. :(

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I havent heard anything good about certmaster tbh. I only ever use recommended resources but I can see why people would think official material would be the best option, experience has taught me otherwise.. Only vendor resources I have found to be good is the MS books and their MVA videos, though I guess many would disagree.

3. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

Don't know about other certs exam guide but at least for network+ exam, Mike Meyers video does awsome job. It's actually a lot more fun than the other videos. For example, Mike Meyers video actually shows how each tools look like and how to use them while the videos from skillsoft doesn't even show anything. Also skillsoft doesn't even show you how to do subnetting and I was dump found when I saw on actual exam sim asking for how many /?? to have minimum ? number of computer on network. Mike Meyers video actually shows how to calculate that and how to convert binary to octet etc but videos from skillsoft? psst... they don't even show you how to do basic but essential stuff like that. The guy who's on skillsoft video says excuse me every min after he makes mistake on every single one of video(there are like 100 of short clips) which drove me nuts. Mike Meyers video is expensive to buy but lynda.com has monthly subscription for that video so it's definitely worth it for network+ exam. I am gonna try his total sim and practice exam package once I am done with video. Just the quality of this video alone convinced me to try his sim.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yup I have the N+ vids going to use them to study for the Network Fundamentals exam