just a political question but not much more..

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Sep 16, 2008.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

according to you , in a real democratic system is there untouchability for prime minister
    and other ministers?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ask Richard Nixon.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I believe that untouchability of ministers should be intrinsic to the philosophy pertaining to democracy.
    Essentially, all things can be gained through force and it is the right of those oppressed by the oppressors to be touched.
    That is the way of things in my book.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i want your ideas not the liar politicians

5. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

but by relying on that thing , they shouldn't do whatever they want
    it happened always ike this after Ataturk died and all time our people chose thieves
    or belief exploiters

6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I like the quote from Tony Benn I heard once...

I also like to remember that democracy was invented by the greeks (ok debateable) whereby everyone in a town got to vote on important issues once every week, even in todays most democratic nations we generally don't have systems this democratic. A vote every four years by 50% of the electorate to pick a party is not really democracy either.

Even the small amounts of direct democracy we get in the UK often get ignored, a recent referendum in Ireland for instance.

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Your last one had nicer baps.

8. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Is it Grandpa Munster?? [​IMG]

:eek::D

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I think there is a certain type of person who likes to be in charge, and unfortunately it's very rare that they actually have anyone elses interests at heart - other than their own.

I once read somewhere something along the lines of 'in order to decide who should be the US president, you should only ask one question - do you want to be the president? Anyone who answers yes to the question should be struck off the list'.

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

WTF?

You asked whether politicians are exempt from impeachment, I provided you with the most infamous example of a politician on the verge of being impeached when he resigned...

What are you on about?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

He's talking about touching politicians.
    Pay attention.

8)

12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The topic as I see it is the question, in a democracy, is the head of state above the law? My answer is "no". Let's stick with the subject everyone.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I agree totally... on both counts.

14. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

By this account Bill Gates would be the ideal president of the USA, because he simply does not find the job an attractive option. How many candidates for presidency can want the job less than Bill Gates ? Therefore he must be installed in the presidential campaigns asap. I think it was Plato that said the 'ideal ruler' is the person who rules by logic, and NOT by the desire to lead and have 'power'.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  15. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Kobem - in western democracies the notion of unlimited power simply does not exist. For this we would have to look to regimes such as the Stalin's Soviet Union or Saddam Hussain's former Iraq. Individuals such as these cannot emerge in Western societies because of our enshrined right to freedom of speech and expression, which is a part of our constitution. In these autocratic and oligarchical societies people are literally terrified into submission, whereas our politicians can be openly laughed at and ridiculed by anyone, even by the press and media.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA