Juniper....

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Afternoon All,

Sorry for the lack of communication, work has been manic and have a CCENT resit soon so all my time has gone into that.

My Company have just announced that they will be doing "Apprenticeships". Basically, they are offering training courses, but they pay for everything. I have applied for Network Engineer which is 3 Stages. Stage 1, you are given the option of CCNA, N+ or entry level Juniper.

Now I already have the N+, and hope to have the CCNA soon so my only option is Juniper.
    Ive done some research and it seems quite high in demand.

Can anyone shed some light?

Cheers

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

So you get a qualification at the end of it?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Jaron78

Yes mate. Two Juniper certs and then either Juniper security or CCNA Security.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just had a look - does look good especially if you have Network+ and Cisco certs covered already.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Jaron78

Great, Cheers @Sparky
    Ive emailed our HR Team asking what start dates we are looking at.

Let you know how it goes.

Cheers

6. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Out of curiosity, do you do these training courses during work hours or after?

7. Jaron78

I think its a bit of both mate. I am waiting on HR for a bit more info, but I would expect work to give you study days etc.

8. Jaron78

Ok, just heard from HR and they are reviewing applications.

I raised the question about my CCNA. I am self studying and would like to have the CCNA before I start the apprenticeship.
    The course is designed around you so I would speak to the line manager and the course supplier to work around dates and times.