joomla/wordpress?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by CIW XHTML CSS, Jul 26, 2007.

1. CIW XHTML CSS

CIW XHTML CSS New Member

Hey everybody,

I don't think this is in the right forum, I just want to know whether it is worth learning joomla or wordpress? Also how easy is it to learn these CMS's and is there alot of tutorials on them?

Kind Regards

Wayne

WIP: CIW
  2. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Well, I would say Joomla is a bit more functional, especially since most of the Mambo materials and resources are relevant. If you didn't know, Joomla sprang out of Mambo over internal disputes a couple of years back.

With Joomla, it's good to learn, since it covers PHP, HTML, CSS, etc. You really get to work with a cumulation of things. I know Wordpress began as a blogging tool, but I don't know how it's evolved. I've built two or three sites in Joomla, and it really is a great, easy to admin CMS. The UI is a bit screwy, but once you know where things are, it's OK. Good for the average user, especially adding and removing content. There's a few newer, better CMS's out now, but Joomla's support is pretty good. Of course, Mambo is good too, so I'll include a link for that as well. Let's see here...

Joomla Flash Tutorials

Mambo resources

MODx

XOOPS

JSAS

Just a few to get you started. That last one is for an entire development platform, all in one compact package. Essentially, its an Apache/MySQL/PHP standalone server for the Windows platform, with Joomla for development. Good luck!

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE