job stuff

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Jun 20, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I know everyone has a credit history etc but do people have a job history that potential employers have access too.

The reason im asking is that there are jobs that ive applied for and known full well i can do them, these jobs are your usual tedious summer jobs etc, luckily i managed to get back in my old place till uni starts again.

The reason im asking is because the place im at now was the place i worked at 4 years ago, but i left there to go to holland and i also had some part time work from sept 2006 - jan 2007 as a part time contract advisor for dot mobile.

When i rang up the inland revanue to ask how i go about paying tax, the guy asked my NI number, and then the last place i worked for, i told him about dot mobile, but that didnt come up, i then told him about the place in holland but that didnt come up either.

Im just thinking that if ive been applying to places for jobs stating that ive actually done jobs that dont show up on some kind of report etc, then to a potential employer this would look as if im lying about my experience etc .

Is there anyway i can check all this out

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's what references are for. If your job history doesn't check out on a report, then potential employers can simply call up your old employers to verify your employment history.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!