Job Source UK - too much like Careerjobs UK?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by andy2510, Aug 27, 2011.

1. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

Hi

Yesterday evening I received out of the blue a phone call from someone at "Job Source UK" - though it took ages for him to mention the company name! He said that they were "helping Totaljobs out with their backlog before the bank holiday weekend" (alarm bells ringing - Totaljobs is a job advertising site, they are not a recruitment agency so they wouldn't have a backlog!) and that I'm suitable for a position they have in the department they look after (an IT Network Engineer, 3rd level, no experience necessary). He's emailed me the details in case I'm interested (no interview has been confirmed). Also, companies will be willing to put me into training for the role (no fee mentioned as yet).

A few months ago I nearly got stung by Career Jobs so this sounds too familiar, though this time they got my details from elsewhere, no applying this time. I also know that for a 3rd level technician you really must have years of on-the-job experience at level 2.

Doing research, it appears doing a whois search that the website quoted was first registered on July 27th 2011 (a month ago) and that it's registered owner is Muhammad Basit. Now, I'm not familiar how popular this name is, however according to this thread at another forum there is a Muhammad Basit at Career Jobs - www.careerjobsuk.com SCAM Warning - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums - coincidence?

It is also interesting to note that Job Source UK is a trading name of Vision Educational Consultants Limited. I.e. - training!

If you're unfamiliar with Career Jobs, this thread has more details - http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/training-development/43753-careerjobsuk-experiences.html .

I will decline this (though I will wait a while - the making the mind up effect) however I thought I'd post this to share, and to see what everyone elses thoughts are.

Andy

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It gets depressing after a while, doesn't it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

Certainly does.

Being such a new name there wasn't anything in the way of warning when searching Google (or any other search engine) so hopefully this thread being started will help other people who are unaware of either company from being caught out. That's if they do their research first!

And another thing - they were claiming that the MCSA course that I'm studying is about to retire (it isn't) and that I'll need to do the MCITP. That was until I pointed out to him that the MCSA/E certificates don't expire (and that Windows XP, which the MCSA is based on, has support until 2014) and that upgrade paths are available for the later operating systems. He also mentioned that he's heard (but not seen) Windows Server 2011 courses being available!! Can anyone confirm this?

I'm also aware that these aren't classed as scams - I've just used that in the thread title as a lot of people who do research on these companies use "scam" as a search word and that I wan't this tread to appear to as many people as possible!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The exams will retire at some point, they always do.

The reason that TPs do this though is so that they don't have to support more courses than they really need to.
    They'll have one set of training material and practice exams etc, then they'll do everything they can to railroad new students onto that track, insisting that it's 'right for them'.

As you say, it isn't actually a scam - it's a clever way of getting punters. Full of psychology - dress it up so it looks like a job, fake an 'interview' which people then are overjoyed when they 'pass'. On an ethical basis, it's pretty sick though.

5. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Funny enough I receive a phone last Wednesday and dida online interview on Thursday morning at 10.30am. This ask me to enter password into the box below the word interview opn their website JobSourceUK.com and go through the phrases clicking on the next button while he talk me through about the course, fees including a shortage of Network Engineers and so on. He told me claim the employers were also listening with their headset on then at the end of the interview I was put on hold while he dicussed with the employers, then told me successfully invited into the IT Development programme. I said I think about it. What was his downfall I sent him my CV in which he said he gave out the employers. The afternoon he rang back while we were talking on the phone he said you sent me your CV did you. Then I realised he sent out my CV to the employers, there were no employers listening and he put me on hold to make look he was discussing with the employers when he in fact putting me on hold and waited for a minute or 2 and telling me the good news.

It definitely all one big con.

Anyway I have just had an interview in an IT capacity which went well but waiting for a decision and another interview next week which I am been told they are very keen on me plus my CV been put forward for other IT roles which I am also waiting for.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  6. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

To be hones these TP and other such people are just those who can't actually get jobs in the real world - if they could make a easy £ off a stone they would do.

Sales people are just slightly below single-celled organisms - in that they didn't intend on being single-cell non-productive oxygen-thieves it was just natures way!

Edit - an additional thought - if you didn't do it the hard way then there is a 99% chance that you've cheated yourself/someone else. If it was so easy and came with such great riches why didn't Muhammad Basit do it instead of trying to sell sh*t to a compost heap???

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  7. notbitten

notbitten New Member

EDIT: I just noticed your posts are 5 years old and they are still at it. Trading Standards should step in.

I had jobsource UK call me yesterday saying that there's a great web development job going. But the employer will take me on if I do a course. what tosh I told them to foward the details on to me so I can find a bit more about them for everyone. They said the course they are willing to pay for is a MCITP, I just need to pay for a weekly admin fee (hmmmm) of £20 per week. How many weeks would it take me to do? And what's MCITP have to do with we devlopement. That's a SQL qualification anyway. If you are going to lie atleast do it properly and don't insult me. hahaha

ok here's what they sent...

"Hi ______,

Thank you for our telephone conversation today. Please view all details of how
    we can help you gain entry into the lucrative world of IT.

As discussed during our conversation I would like to confirm that you have been
    selected to attend an on- line interview at:

{11:00am on Friday 9th Sept 2011}

You will need to be by an internet enabled computer to have access to all the
    relevant information. Our aim, should you be successful and accepted onto the
    programme, is to assist placing you into employment in an IT capacity e.g IT
    network engineer. Starting salary can vary significantly depending on age,
    experience, qualifications, company placement and geographical area.

Should you be successful for inclusion onto the IT Development Programme, at
    Job Source UK we aim to make the path to becoming an I.T professional as easy
    as possible. We'll advise you on which programme to go for and what extra
    training to complete - all based on what you want to gain from your future
    employment. We will organise every aspect of your training and help you to
    secure a career that suits you.

In the attached files and links is all the information you need to take the
    first step of your new career.

I look forward to speaking to you again on the date and at the time stated
    above.

Our Web Site - JobSource UK.com
    Job Descriptions (see attached file)

J***** M*******
    Senior Consultant
    Job Source UK

Tel: 0208 *** ****
    Fax: 0208 *** ****

The following attachment is copyright of Job Source UK 2010. All rights
    reserved.

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and confidential. It should
    not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by any person other than the
    intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
    the sender immediately. Job Source UK reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
    accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)(Interception
    of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Registered Office: Office 8 Lynton Court, 115c Anerley Road, London, SE20 8AN
    Job Source UK is a trading name of Vision Educational Consultants Limited.
    Registered in England and Wales No: 7464692

----------------------------------------------------------------
    This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

AttachmentsDownload All Web Developer.doc Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious

notice in bold - they are an educational company not a employement agency

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  8. Jenni

Jenni New Member

Hi This is Jenni,
    i did came here to argue to some one like andy i mean i just want to say
    About an year ago i got a call from Career jobs but i have signed up they told me all stories and i paied 79 pound i havent got any support not even proper training metrial i were so upset then i have canceled the program and get the money back.
    But i have signed up with Job source uk and let me tell u guys
    i m veryyyyyyyy happy with JOB SOURCE UK ... it is really really good company
    they send m IT fundamental and stright after they send ne the Compita A+ 201 and 202 and i have pass the Exam now i am CompTIA A+ Certified HuRRayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    and now i am training on MCITP and hope fully i will pass my exam soon so i thank THANK JOBSOURCEUK that they give me a call and i decided to go with them in just 79 pound for few monthes i have got certification. wahter i check for A+ it was really expensive.

so JOB SOURCE UK is really gon not a SCAM at all.
    and 79 pound what do u want come on guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    they have send m all the paperwork in same day i have checked everything and i m satisfied that it was the WISE decission to go with JOB SOURCE UK.

9. Jenni

Jenni New Member

Hi Jonny this is Jenni i like when you said it is not a SCAM ...........

i been there i done that it is not treast me .

10. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Yet you do the courses I have no problem with but it is scam promising you a good job at the end of it when there is not one.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  11. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

You sure you passed the 201 and 202?? :blink

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means.

13. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Sorry but I think the NP is a rep of the company, it is odd to be actively searching Google clearly for matches on the company name and then to wade in on their defence. If you are not then I apologise but it would also be a good idea to check your post for spelling and grammatical errors first as it makes it easier for us older folks to read :biggrin Also AFAIK the 201 is the security+ cert (701@702 being the A+) I am unfamiliar with a 202.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Wouldn't they pick someone that people could understand? :blink

15. GP avizeke

GP avizeke New Member

To all who is or having a call from Job Source UK.

I got involved with them and ended badly, dispite my sceptical patient approach.

After applying for linux based careers online through indiepndant carrer placed, they said they contacted me through this to offer me a qualification, that is worth over 5 and a half thousand pounds. the MCIPT qualifcation. They also stated some figures that came across in a sales based approach like for example " we have a 97 percent sucess rate ".

side note ! ( they are basing the 97 percent figures on there first batch of peope that has been sucessful with the compnay because the company has only been open in 2011, which means that there figures are inconsistant, not an average, therefor misleeding.

This was very wierd, Firstly the person on the phone did not sound professional at all, b**** j**** was mumbling words, and could barely understand him, and the questions i did have he couldnt asnwer at all. So i said call back in a few days

I checked there website out, Very little work went into the website were links were broken, and just looked like a default template, Very amaturish with about 10 minutes work put into it, with only standard html links.

Eventually it came to speaking to the manager s**** t***** were he was clearly more involved with the originsation were then i could understand from there side why they were doing what they were doing. He stated that there website was a part they wernt paying an interest in and that they were putting all there resources into signing people up for the course.

He came across as open and honest were then i signed up to the idea of having a great qualifcation for a good price, from there i signed up and two weeks down the line i switched my career to linux network admin, and wanted to then just cancel and stop payments to them, As this was open learning based aspect i assumed i could cancel this. This is not the case a guy from the admin dept was very arrogant and common stating thing for as of which a professional company wouldnt. " we will continue to take money from your account".

this is now were i am at, have a nice little chat with my bank to block payment. IF ANYONE gets a call from these guys, DO NOT sign up, these people search for clients they can sign up cold calling prospects trying to close on deals then tie you in to it. There are better companies than this that do alot better than this poor poor company.

there sales approach is based on inconsistant figures with lies stating that MCIPT costs that much when it doesnt. And when i asked questions back, they had to get a manager which means that they are strictly sales based with a script and about a weeks training on the product there selling.

DO not get involved with these guys, not worth the hassle, if you want to go down the route of open learning, then go to open learning :) Not job source uk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  16. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, aside from the use of the word 'assumed' which casts doubt on your 'sceptical patient approach', aren't you just saying that you changed your mind about how/what you wanted to study and couldn't get your money back?

Isn't that a bit like taking out a gym membership and then not going?
    It's not the gym ripping you off...

8)

17. GP avizeke

GP avizeke New Member

you serious... is that your arguement ! Not everyone casts consistant acurate judgement everytime, the doubts i origionally had i raised with the manager where from what he stated that at the time closed my concerns on this. i then went ahead to later realise .....

Your immature analogy for a poor excuse of flaming a post in which is in research of a company is simply a blatent waste of time. Do somethin usefull with your "MCT" other than wrecking a perfectly good thread about a fact based on a company that is "corrupt".

18. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I think you will find that JonnyMX was posting his opinion not an argument, there is a vast difference.

Flaming this post, well the closest thing to flaming on this thread are your comments quoted above. If you have an issue with something that has been posted I suggest you report it to the moderating team and not try to flame and troll on the forum.

If this company are corrupt then that is your opinion and yours alone. Stating comments like that on an open forum is just asking for trouble. I hope you have the evidence to back your claims up in a court of law.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  19. hazelbeanyeah

hazelbeanyeah Banned

I've had close shaves with various companies before also. Job Source UK I didn't have dealings with, as I was a bit disheartened after everything that happened with Career Jobs UK. I read over the paperwork, and the training with them wasn't a scam... It was the way everything happened. Like they didn't want you to complete the training.

I did however, take the plunge again with a jobsboard called jobfinder365, and they were surprisingly helpful! I was given all the options, I chose to take training with them just over a month ago (same prices as Career Jobs), but the support I've been receiving is phenomenal. They've not promised me a job, but have sent me relevant documentation confirming that if they're unable to assist me into employment within a certain time of me completing my training, my money is given back.

My brother (a Network Engineer) contacted this company to see what they could do for him, and he wasn't offered training. Instead, they gave him access to their database as he's already sufficiently qualified, and he's successfully job searching via that at the moment (1 interview lined up so far).

Amongst the few training types I have looked into, this is the one company I don't feel stung by...

20. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

You seem to contradict yourself lol
    Possible scam alert

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813