job interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tas121, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

hello guys as u know iv bin searching for entry level jobs for about 2 weeks now and i think its paid of because i just got my first interview next Monday :D anyways because the lady left me a answer fone message i didnt really catch everything she said but she said something about testing. could you guys tell me what to expect in the interview (its a entry level job by the way) and what kind of questions i would get asked. thanks

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

It all depends on what the job was for what you get asked in the interview.

In your excitement of telling us you forgot to say what the job was! :biggrin

3. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

haha sorry i got too excited lol this is the job

Job Purpose

To work closely with our Head Office Operations Centre in Houston, Texas, USA maintaining the internal Company networks and prepping machines, and to provide hardware and software support for internal users.
    Main Responsibilities

ØUpgrading, repairing or prepping hardware, as required, to meet user demands.

ØInstalling software on user machines, after checking purchasing approval has been given.

ØWorking closely with our Head office in USA to facilitate changes in the network infrastructure.

ØEnsuring local back ups of all critical system data are taken and securely stored on a daily basis.

ØMonitoring backups from offsite Kalamazoo locations and making sure company policies are being followed.

ØProvision and administration of e-mail, voicemail and Internet services to relevant users.

ØDomain administration as required reflecting current user/group activity and status.

ØCarrying out quarterly audits on hardware and software and update information to reflect any modifications as they occur.
    Skills and experience

The successful candidates will have:

ØAn understanding of IT hardware and networks.

ØFamiliarity with Microsoft operating systems, such as Windows 2000/2003 Server, Windows 2000/XP Professional.

ØAn understanding of a LAN environment.

ØOrganised and methodical, able to work to deadlines and follow company procedures.

ØAn enthusiastic approach and positive attitude.

ØBe highly motivated, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on own initiative with minimal supervision.
    Special Conditions:

The positions will require a substantial amount of lifting and moving of reasonably heavy equipment, such as large monitors, so the successful applicant must be able to carry these without any problems

A majority of the positions require 24/7 shift work. This will depend on which team a candidate is placed into, which is determined by the department.

so what do you reckon what they going to ask me? the lady said something about testing :rolleyes:

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Most likely it will be a skills test to make sure that you know what you say you know.

5. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

yeah thats what i was thinking aswell so i just have to wait an c how it goes. whats the chances of getting the job with no experience?

6. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

so? how did it go?

I had the same test yesterday...

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA