Job Hunting!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Andrew_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Hi All,

I have been doing an Apprenticeship at a school as I.T Technician for past 10 months and got informed today that the school does not have enough money to employ a 3rd person :x

So I am effectively job hunting from now, I have signed up to www.reed.co.uk as that has quite a lot of job listings as well as looking on other sites.

If anyone has or knows of any vacancys anywhere then feel free to post here, I am based in Essex so preferably something reasonably near by.

Cheers All :)

Andrew

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  2. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey Andrew,

I live in essex and have been job hunting for..... ahem, about 4 months so far.

I use:

www.reed.co.uk
    www.cwjobs.co.uk
    www.jobsite.co.uk
    www.jobserve.co.uk
    www.totaljobs.com
    www.fish4.co.uk
    and rarely www.monster.co.uk

There doesn't seem to be too many jobs in IT that come up in essex, but as I'm on the cusp of London, there's always a few.

Good luck on the job hunting. :D

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  3. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Well I just had a phone call today from a local school today and they would like a interview next monday at 10am. I really do hate interviews and get all nervous but hopefully I can do my best :).

Cheers

Andrew

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

My first "proper" IT job was at a school - that was 7 years ago now and I swear that every job I've had since I've managed to get because of my experiences with working at a school!

You've got a great "job" foundation there - it's worked a treat for me!

Good luck @ the interview :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. C172

C172 New Member

Guys

We are looking for someone at the moment. It would mean travelling into the West End every day - but lots of people do it including my business partner.

We have a role for a IT support technician - you will gain lots of experience. The last guy we employed 2 years ago we took with no qualifications and almost no experience. He now supports SBS 2003 Exchange Server 2003 and office and has his MCP and is on his way to an MCSE.

Now we are looking for another person - with a little more in the way of qualifications and a bit of experience.

If you are interested send me a private message.

Kevin.

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Hmmmmmm.......I wonder how long I could keep up a commute from the States. LOL

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+