Job hunting direction - any advice appreciated...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by cactus, Feb 2, 2006.

1. cactus

cactus Bit Poster

Hi All,

Just passed my CCNA today and am keen to now turn the time I used to study into a job hunting frenzy.

I'm ex BT with telecoms knowledge and an HNC in Electronics and Telecoms but have been self employed as an antiques dealer for the past 7 years. (Long story...)

I can't afford an entry level job such as helpdesk but would idealy like to follow a NOC, Telecoms / Network Field Engineer path but am struggling to find suitable jobs or agencies to take me seriously.

Am I being greedy and unreasonable given my lack of experience, and if so what would the best path be to follow in order to achieve my goals??

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated - thanks!

Cactus.

Certifications: HNC Elect & Tcomms, CCNA, ITIL Fndtn, CCNP BCMSN, CCNP ROUTE
    WIP: CCNP TSHOOT, CCNA Security
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Er - if you are ex-BT with telco experience - are you anywhere near London? If so I might be able to help......

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

BTW, Cactus...congratulations on your pass. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. cactus

cactus Bit Poster

Thanks for the congrats Tripwire!

Harry, that's good of you - not sure what telco experience you mean, but have done a bit of cabling and mainly electronic repair. I'm only 1/2 hour from North West London and am keen on hearing about anything really.

Cheers,

Cactus.

Certifications: HNC Elect & Tcomms, CCNA, ITIL Fndtn, CCNP BCMSN, CCNP ROUTE
    WIP: CCNP TSHOOT, CCNA Security
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Ah! I'm instructed to ask what grade you were...

PM me if you prefer.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+