Job Help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Charli, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Charli

Charli New Member

I've been working as a Slaes Assistant since I was 15 -- now 19 -- I started this job as a Summer job -- yeah right, long summer -- while I finished my GCSEs and then when I went to college to do my A-Levels.

I've been out of college for nearly two years now and have decided to start looking for a new job in IT. The problem is, I have no idea where to start looking.

I've been looking up a few courses on Computeach that appealed to me and also a few on LearnDirect but I really want a training job, ideally something to do with Web Design/Management.

I had contacted Apprenta last week, but now after reading the posts about it, I'm actually hoping that they don't call me!

Could anyone possibly give me any ideas as to where to look for these types of jobs, preferably in Oxfordshire?

Any help would be appriciated.

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Umm good onya finishing the A-level (wish i did - but mines a totally different story!) have you considered uni or college? To do either an informal or formal qualification?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Charli

Charli New Member

Never like the idea of Uni to be completely honest! I did go to Witney college last September to do a Foundation Degree in Computing, but they changed the spec of the course after two months and it was nothing like the original which was exactly what I wanted to do! Typical.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi Charli, welcome to CF!

Why not pop over to the new members introduction Forum and introduce yourself properly. :biggrin

What type of positions have you been looking for? Have you looked at apprenticeships? They are worth it, and at your age you'd easilly get one.

8)

5. Charli

Charli New Member

Haven't really given them much though to be honest -- how would I go about looking into them?

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Check out your local job centre, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

7. MattyW

MattyW Bit Poster

Hey pal, welcome to cf.
    I would seriously consider a uni course, there are quite a few online courses now (web design is bound to have some) so you don't have to move.

Certifications: BSc
  8. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF.

The Open University gives you the Uni benefits without any of the commitments. You can take small modules and create your own degree as you develop.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging