Job guaranteed or your money!!!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by rabmerab, Mar 17, 2010.

1. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Hi every one
    Any one got an idea about MCSE training provider who say "JOB GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK IF YOU TRAIN WTH US".
    Is it too good to be true?
    Cheers
    rabmerab
    :D

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

yep, it is.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Then it must cost a lot of money?

4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Indeed it will.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

there is a simple term for something like this it starts with boll and ends in ocks:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. westernkings

bollandendsinocks? :eek:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

What I think he meant by Yes it is is to your comment

It is bollocks because I don't care who you are, they can't guarantee you a job based just on you going on a course, for all they know you could be a complete oxygen thief and be really crap at IT, why would they then want to offer you a position without know you?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. westernkings

Simon, Pay me 5k and I will guarantee you a job telling me the time whenever I need you to. Like having a 30k watch. Except I have someone who wears the watch and tells me the time. I'm a high roller I know. :dry

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I will give you a job if you pay me a lot of money. I won't promise you how well I'll train you, and I won't promise you a certain salary, and I won't promise you that you'll like the hours or duties or job location or supervisor... but I'll get you a job! Just sign here, sir... :deal

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. westernkings

PM sent. 8)

11. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Oldest con in the book!

you could pay me alot of money and i give you a few books

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  12. happyme

happyme New Member

I'm embarrassed to say that I was taken in by just such a company. They interviewed me first (to supposedly make sure you were employable) and there is a contract with all the terms of the job guarantee. However...

The job guarantee obviously hangs on you completing the course in a certain time frame. This seemed generous enough at first, but now I'm beginning to wonder. You cannot move on to the next module until you've completed the previous one, and each time it can take weeks and lots of emailing/calling/nagging before they release the next module, so this really slows you down.

I've now also been locked out of my courses (when I log in it says I don't have access to any courses). I've emailed tech support, the training team and phoned numerous times but I can't get anyone to reply to me. The phone service always says there is no one available but they will call you back, which they never do.

It's been three weeks or more since I've been able to access my course, and I feel like the biggest fool for handing my money over to them. As far as the job guarantee goes, even if I did manage to finish the course I can't see how I would be able to enforce it, as I can't get hold of anyone ever.

Luckily for me I have found another job, but I'm still very angry at being scammed out of a large sum of money for a course that I can't complete (and which is also extremely out of date).

I'm new to this forum, so not sure whether I'm allowed to say the company's name, but if so I'd be happy to.

The reason I'm posting this is so no one else makes the same stupid mistake I did.

13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yes, yes you can.

If you don't say who they are, other people won't be able to avoid the same trap.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  14. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

You should go to Citizens Advise and possibly look to legal action. I would suggest making a note of calls, emails and other information to backup your claim. Training Providers like this need to be shut down or regulated as they are scamming people.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  15. Slimepuppy

Slimepuppy New Member

There are quite a few companies doing that scam - the one I had the misfortune to have dealings with was Futures Development Limited. They were a total shambles poor service and then their lack of understanding the sale of goods act, I couldn't log in for two months and then they made me look like an idiot as I coughed up. I did one module and never got any further then when I challenged them they actually demanded I pay them more money. I put the phone down two days later they were screaming they were going to sue me and made threats - went to the police, citizens advice and trading standards none of them helped. I enventually took them to court - their defense was to refuse to accept the authority of the court so I mediated - they reneged on the deal and stole £830 out my bank account and tried to steal another £1000 and refused to reply still the company is still active so it looks like small claims again.

Certifications: Degree in Computer Science
  16. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

Ok i would like to throw one in since everyone think this is too good to be true but there is one out there does Job guaranteed or your money back. How do i know for a fact? My friend completed the course a few months back and now is working in a help desk role on 20k while i took the self study route and only started in a new job. We both started to move into IT after being made redundant.

They got her 6weeks work experience than she was able to get a job on the first job interview popped up. However, after the first month of your work experience they will start to pay back 20% of what you paid. This will go on until you get a job or they fully pay back what you put in. So, its not all evil out there.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You sure your friend didnt add £5k to make the story sound better? :biggrin

Only kidding mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

one case does not a proof make.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  19. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

We don't have local TP's here... we just have colleges that offer a 3-4 month course part time for MCSE and MCITP certifications for 200-300$ Canadian which is not much... I almost ended up doing a night course but in the end I figured I could do it myself...

These stories I hear about guarantee jobs/careers definitely seems to good to be true, considering there are Admins out there who sometimes have trouble finding work, and they already have the experience necessary. It's really sad to hear people getting ripped off and it seems like every year there's a new company that comes out offering such ridiculous service!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  20. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unfortunately, these types of "offers" are based on two things:

1. Meeting the fine print in the contract &
    2. That a small number of students have gotten a job after the course.

If it was true for the majority of students who partaked, then:

1. More people would have gone down this route
    2. There wouldn't be so many compaints

It's like hotels that advertise rooms for £9. However if you read the small print it's based on only participating ones for only X amount of rooms, during X period. Just because a few manage to get it, doesn't mean that the majority will...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security