job exam in london today

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by beaumontdvd, Aug 6, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi everyone, I'm on my way home from a job meeting in which I was asked to complete an exam. The exam was really hard to be honest and most questions were based on 2000 server? Which made it harder for me like one asked what application would you use to backup data on server 2000 which I wrote windows backup and norton ghost which I doubt are right. But it was all good experience. Just a shame really.

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. mcbro

mcbro Byte Poster

I wouldnt be too down about it. You never know what they are looking for. They might want someone useless!:p
    Joking obviously but they might not be expecting you to score highly. Ive had two interviews before where i was usless with the technical questions but still got offered a job. Fingers crossed for you.

Odd that it was on Win2000. What does the company do?

Certifications: MCITP:EA, CCNA
  3. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Yeah hopefully it goes ok, yeah I'm not sure why it was all based on 2000 professional and server 2000 which I have never used lol. Wjat would the answer be for the backup question I detailed above just out of interest in case it comes up on anther question.

Dave

EDIT: its a call centre that deals with hospitals and london 2012 as far as I know

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Backup Exec, BESR and System States.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Yeah also with Windows 2000 Veritas Backup Exec comes to mind a not Sh*tmantec

WIP: Uhmm... not sure