job advice needed

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zara, Feb 5, 2008.

1. zara

zara New Member

hello people!!!!!!!

i started a new job a few weeks ago. the shop was meant to be getting refurbished next week. it got moved forward to today. i went in to work and no one bothered to tell me.

they say were n ot gettin paidd for the week its closed they also say they dont know if were gettin are wages from last week which is normaly a friday. wat can i do??

2. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

It depends on what your contract says
    i would defiantly seek advice from someone maybe the citizens advice bureau.
    it sounds really bad for them to do that.

Certifications: A+ N+ MCTS-vista
    WIP: MCDST
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ummm... quit and find a new job? I mean, there's really nothing you CAN do... and there's really no advice anyone can give that'll improve your situation.

That said... you knew this refurb was coming next week... so this was something that was going to happen sooner or later... what's one week's difference going to make?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Not sure you can do anything. My place closed down for a week for the holidays and as a contractor, I don't get holiday pay so I was SOL as far as money went. I volunteered to come in to work but the boss said I could only come in if someone from the team was also going to be here. That's the breaks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Speak to management to see why you weren't informed. Were you overlooked or was there intent to put you into a bind. Either way I'd be disappointed with management and at least keep my eyes open for more concerns and eventually look to get out.

6. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Speak to CAB to see if you can do anything about getting paid for the work you've done and then find another job because your employer sucks

what do you do by the way ?

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640