javascript table aligning

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by Fergal1982, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I have two tables on my page that i need to be aligned in a specific way.

the first table is two cells wide, one row (contains some text accompanied by a combobox). The second table can have anything up to (currently) 130 rows, and about 6 columns (the columns are fixed).

I need a function that will align the second cell of the first table with the third cell of the second, so that they appear directly above each other. Ideally it would also ensure that the column on the second table had a width at least equal to that of the second cell in the first table.

Alternatively... If someone can tell me how to switch bordering off on selected rows within a table, i could amalgamate them both into a single table, that would be acceptable. the problem with that is that essentially the first row would have no border, but the second would, including the top border (meaning that the first row would actually have a border at the bottom).

Any ideas anyone?

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Surely the easiest way to do this on a web page is nested tables?

Harry (who definitely isn't an expert in this area - but it is how I'd do it)

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+