I've resigned

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by MrNerdy, Oct 5, 2007.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I posted a while back that i was getting stressed out over work & in general studying.
    So decided when my contract came up for renewal i would leave doing IT contract work in the NHS.
    So i have done so, the Agency i was working for did not seem to care much or the NHS Trust either.
    But i'm now free! Off to do some temping for a few retail companies before Christmas to make money.

I had tried CCNA but got very stressed out over it and found the method of studying not for me.
    I plan to buy a N+ Book and look through the course and then plan to do N+ in Feb of 2008.
    And will see how it all goes after that.
    Will buy a N+ book and look through it over the next few months ready for Feb.

Well hopefully it’s time to chill out & the first round at the Red Lion is on me.:biggrin

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Brave decision!

I wish you the best of luck for the future!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good for you mate. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

you obviously thought it was the right decision, i hope it all goes well for you.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

Hope it works out well for you :)

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good Luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good luck on your change of plans. If the CCNA content was stressing you out, it's a wise decision to check out the Network+. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck mate.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

good luck

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  11. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Good luck to you :) i know how annoying workings in a job that you hate can be.
    Jobs should be fun and interesting not just a way to pay the bills.

Keep us updated.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Absolutely agree.

Best of luck! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

One of the reasons I canned my efforts to get into IT properly, the CCNA literally fried my brain.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Glad to know it was not just me!

With out the stress of the IT job i'm now relaxing more.
    Even been reading books again, ok the ones with large pictures & places to doodle in them.:biggrin
    I'm going to take the next few months to chill out, work in a less stressful job & above all have fun.

Will still post & help others if i can.
    And perhaps get back into IT at a later date, after doing some more exams.

Strange but no one came to the Red Lion for a drink the other day.:rolleyes:

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  15. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I read the CCNA book thrice and must say it is certainly not a walk in the park. On the other hand had a friend whom wanted to get into IT so gave him an A+ book to read and get a PC to practice on but after a week he said to me the book is too big can't go through it all.

He asked me if I read through the entire book and I said yes I did and the look on he's was :( well guess IT is probably not for everyone. Best wishes on what you decide in the future and with IT.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  16. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Hi, I have read your post with some interest. I was in a similar position some years back, and I resigned my post as a software developer. If you KNOW you have another job to go to it can be a good decision, but I would not leave a job if I wasn't sure of this. In this part of the 'country' (I'm never sure whether to call it the UK or Scotland), jobs can be hard to come by, but maybe where you are there are many more job opportunities. I've studied for 3 certs successfully whilst not working in IT, and learned a lot of new programming skills, plus I've enjoyed it, ie working at my own pace and having a more balanced life. Working as a cab-driver, I have my own portable light rigged up, and have put in many hours study whilst waiting between fares - effectively I am getting paid to study. A job with 'free time' like this can be really useful for an IT person who's not currently working in IT and studying for a cert or learning other skills. So good luck and I hope you get a lot out of your new found freedom.

Ross.

:study:study:study

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA