IVE GOT TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT CISCO NETWORK ?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kobem, Sep 17, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

first question is why are we trying to use access control lists or vlans for security
    if we carry "cisco firewall devices" in our network that does the same thing
    as a hardware?

second question : according to osi data from a pc or a server , to a pc or a server has a way named encapsulation

and transport layer is the layer for data transferring

SO , if transport layer is used for transferring , for example why do we need
    http to transmit and receive web pages , since tcp already gets the job for
    transfer?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Mate your not helping yourself by typing in capitals and almost demanding the answers from people.

Try losing the caps and adding a few sentences about why you need the answers, and maybe even a please and thank you.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

changed!

4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

please reply me !

5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

OK.... Google is your friend. So are books.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Kobem

Please don't take this the wrong way. What I am about to say might seem harsh, but it is only meant as a piece of constructive advice.

Firstly, your posts requesting advice often - as is the case here - indicate a fundamental lack of knowledge of the basic underlying concepts you are asking advice on. For example, your question about TCP indicates that you don't have even a basic understanding of the TCP/IP stack and how it works. Without this most elementary of networking knowledge you will never succeed in understanding enough to pass a certification exam. That isn't an attempt to belittle you - it's a simple fact.

Secondly, and again, this isn't meant to belittle you, you seem to post on such a dizzying array of subjects that you don't have a clue about that it sometimes seems like you have an extremely short attention span. Without a general understanding of some of the simple concepts in IT you will not, for instance, be able to understand LAMP (as previous posts have indicated you are trying to do)

Finally, whilst English is obviously not your first language (and I've no doubt you make a much better attempt at English than I would do at your native tongue!) your posts are often obviously little more than questions rehashed (or sometimes taken word for word) from test materials - legitimate or not. As mentioned before, you will never be able to pass an exam without understanding the basics, so I would suggest, with the greatest of respect, that you curtail your certification studies and read a basic networking book that will help you to understand the fundamentals before you begin studying again.

A final apology for this post if it sounds harsh - it's certainly not meant as such. I can come across as quite an aggressive so-and-so sometimes, but I generally mean well. I'm hoping that this reply will act as a 'reality check' for you, and I'm sure its something that other members have thought of posting from time to time in response to your posts.

I suggest that you purchase something like this book or this one -either of them will give you a good grounding in the concepts you will need to succeed

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Didn't you already post this same question here?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wait!

You've also posted these questions here:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=168927#post168927

Each thread is collecting their own set of responses. I'm not sure what will happen if I try to combine them so I'll let this set for a bit and see what other staff members think. In the meantime, please DO NOT (caps on purpose) post the same question in two different threads. It just gets confusing. Also, it's pretty rude to just come out and say "please reply me!" People will reply if they feel they can be helpful, not because they have to.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

so sorry but someone said that i have to write without
    capitals and also couldn't choose the related
    title where i create the thread and changed the place

ok?

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Ok...just read both threads and take note of the advice you've been given and put it into practice, please. It'll take some time but you'll learn more about networking.

Certifications: A+ and Network+