I'VE GOT THE MIKE MEYERS A+ ALL IN ONE

Discussion in 'A+' started by zabar_ullah, May 14, 2008.

1. zabar_ullah

zabar_ullah Bit Poster

Hi again!

I've got the Mike Meyes A+ All in one Book. It does look big! But not bigger then me!

The situation is that I am studying with Advent Computer training. I started last year in march and havent managed to read their study manual til now. I've been a lazy git!

I have a reasonable concept for the A+ essential exam, but feel I am not ready yet for the exam. Hence, I bought the Meyers Book to get well prepared for the exam. i need to sit the essentials exam very soon, in weeks before Advent tells me that I have taken too long (they might do, I dont know).

So the question is:
    At this stage can I read all sections of the book but for the IT technician sections (which are designed for the seond exam) to save myself time? Then I can sit the exam and once passed, I can continue with the Meyers book and read up all the IT technicians sections for the second IT Tech exam.

Thanks guys
    Zab

WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you are not supposed to read sections of the Mike Meyers book you are supposed to read the whole thing.

The parts that say IT Technician only mean that this part will most certainly be on that exam but it could come up on the essentials exam too.

So it is best to read the whole book from start to finish all 1136 pages of it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I agree with GBL, read the lot, cover to cover.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for cover-to-cover. There's so much crossover that it's nearly impossible to separate them into distinct sections.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Yes, definitely read the book cover to cover. There is a lot of overlap.

6. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I have to agree... if you aren't very comfortable and spot on with the material, read it all. It's better to be safe than sorry, not to mention, the goal should not just be to pass a test for a certification, but should also include retaining and understanding what is studied.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  7. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Why buy the book and not read it cover to cover!?:study

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  8. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

Make sure ya go over the exam objectives thoroughly first and take note of the things you don't immediately understand. That way when you are reading the MM book, you will notice those things and think "Ahh so THAT's what that means"...

And yeah, read it cover to cover... that will at least cover you for both exams.

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: Diablo II
  9. zabar_ullah

zabar_ullah Bit Poster

Thanks everybody for the advice.

At least by ready the whole book I will be prepared not for the Essentials exam but for the Technicians exam aswel.

Kill two birds with one stone!!!!

Thanks again
    Zab

WIP: A+