I've got a new job!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by drum_dude, May 4, 2007.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi folks, soz that I haven't been here much - well I do pop in from time to time but only to have a butchers at what's been going down at certforums!!

Anyway, after over 2 years at my local authority I decided last month that it was time to get out and back in to the commercial sector! Well today I acheived that goal as I was offered a position as a Field Support Engineer with a rather large company - my interview was yesterday! It's a good salary and comes with a company car. SO I'm well chuffed at the moment and cannot wait to see it all in writing!

Now believe it or not I actually got this job through an agency! I posted my CV on jobsite last month and within a day I was called by this agency asking if I would be interested in the postition. Within 1 week of that I had a telephone interview and a week after that I was told that I would interviewed for the postion at the start of May - one of the interviewers were on holiday until then! And oddly enough a month to the day that I stuck my CV on Jobsite I'm offered the postion!! lol!!!!:D :D

Anywayz I'm well chuffed and I'm gonna get totally pissed at my girlfriends house!!!

Cheers for reading!

P.S. ITIL cert and MCP certs really helped big time! My interview was over 2hours long with 14 Techincal questions that I had to demonstrate on a pc and laptop on a network! Questions ranged from VPN, Email, printing to Group Policy and NTFS permissions! Great fun!! Really enjoyed it and nailed those techie questions!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Congrats my friend!

3. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

well done Drum.. :biggrin

Were the techie Q hard to demonstrate? or easy for you, i guess they were considering the offer.. But just interested!!

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats mate, excellent news!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on the new job. Glad to see you around here again. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. drum_dude

Cheers all...

I found them easy to demonstrate as they were the type of questions that concerned the everyday life of a 2nd/3rd line techie - i'd come across most scenarios in my working life at sometime or another! I did really enjoy demonstrating my knowledge too!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the new job:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Vendetta

Vendetta Nibble Poster

Well done!

10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Nice one Sasha, glad to hear things are on the up and up 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the job.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. drum_dude

Thanks again chaps! For the techie questions that I've got for PC & Network support interviews there has been one learning tool that my brain has always refered to:

Learnkey's CBT Windows XP Pro by Adam Spurlock

His explanations are forever etched in my brain and have given my the ability to nail techie questions with ease! I highly recommend this CBT to anyone! Even though I have the 70-270 cert I still find myself refering to this CBT every now and again!