itskillsacademy.ac.uk

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dazza007, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Hi,

Has anyone any experience with the following.
    I am studying for my N+ and came across this it seems too good to be true. A years access and you can study to your hearts content??
    I would love some feedback as this would enable me to do my N+ then Microsoft certs,
    Thanks
    Dazza

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

How much is it?

I have seen quite a few through Groupon/Groupon type sites that have offered the same, recently, and they appear to be reasonably priced (sort of around the £60-£99 mark)

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You can do that with a book too. There has to be more to it than that.

I've had a quick look, and the only thing to watch out for is that it sounds as if they use 'training partners' - there are some refrences to using 'high quality training providers' so my concern would be that they outsource their actual training so you could end up with a mixed bag.

From experience, some less reputable companies are very good at polishing a t**d and getting through vetting schemes to win funding/contracts. Look at all the fuss of late with A4e - OK, slightly different scenario, but they managed to win a government contract and then look what happened...

I could be completely wrong, but that was my first thought.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

It is 95 pounds for course materials and sample tests.
    It looks legitimate as it links back to government sites.
    there are comptia, microsoft and cisco courses and more........

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

They may well be, not saying they aren't.
    My point was that none of those things necessarily mean anything.

On the whole though, your are more likely to end up with something legit that just phoning a TP from an ad in the paper.
    And more likely to get support if anything does go wrong.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Thanks for your advice.

Has anyone heard of or had experience of itskillsacademy (good or bad)
    I can't seem to find anything on the internet regarding this training provider.
    I understand it is a government backed scheme and has a 7 day money back scheme if you are unhappy.
    Thanks,
    Dazza

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I haven't used them myself, but as itskillsacademy is educational (from the .ac.uk domain), I bet that they have an agreement with Microsoft for their IT Academy program.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security