It's official

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mr.Cheeks, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I'll be job hunting at the end of the month :( actually, im job hunting now, but i'll be un em ploy ed at the end of the month.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

That Sucks. :(

3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Jumped or shoved???

Which ever sorry to hear it m8 specially at this time of year. Its a slump time for jobs too unless you wanna work in a shop till the end of the xmas season. (that be too busy for me!!)

Still i hope all gets better and you find a job you like asap!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear that mate.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  5. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

That's bad news Cheeks. :( Chin up mate, I'm sure something will turn up - out of adversity comes opportunity. But it's still a stinker. :x

Best of luck finding your new (improved) position. You'll be an asset to the lucky company that employs you. :thumbleft

Go for it.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. Mr.Cheeks

i have a plan...

you see, that crappy place where im working, im gonna see if they can pay for my funding... (only cuz i need the money)

if they wont, then i'll reschedule my exams, and that will give me some more time to do my studies...

edit: strangley, last year this time i was looking for a job, and now im back round again...

8. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Mr Cheeks sorry to hear that man, as said especially at this time of year. Best of luck getting something else sorted out.

My fingers are crossed matey.

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Cheek. After 7 months, I'm still at my "temporary" contract job. They're trying to make me permanent here but large, monolithic companies have so many layers of decision making that any one point can become a bottleneck (which it has). Nothing like being "on hold". Good luck on the job hunting trail.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that Cheeks! Hope you get sorted soon!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  11. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Bad news dude. Crap time of year for it as well.:cry:

WIP: 70-270
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that - hope you land on your feet!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Bummer, what happened?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  14. Mr.Cheeks

my contract officially expires, and the SOB new manager doesn't see the need of keeping me on.
    thats what happened.

but one thing for sure, im glad i was given the opportunity of working there, and was valuable experience which is what i've been waiting for... so im gutted (big time) but also grateful aswell...

15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

At least there are some positives to be taken from the situation. Revamp your CV and get looking for a better job. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry to hear it Cheeks, but hold your head and hopes high, and you'll get what you truly deserve !!! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  17. Mr.Cheeks

i just got off the fone with my other manager, and she has told me that the reason i was seconded was the fact the they did not have enough money in the first place to employ an temp, therefore, she will have to "get" someone else in her team to do the role...

yep, im screwed - its a bad time of the year to get screwed in that kind of way...

18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear about you losing your job mate. I know what it feels like. Three years ago (at this time of the year) I walked into the yearly appraisal thinking I'd get a pay raise etc and walked out having been made redundant a week before christmas. Two hours later I had already applied for a new job (with the present company), two days later an interview and two weeks after that I signed the contract.

Fast forward three years and I have worked myself up to the position of IT manager, something which I could never do in the last company. The funny thing is that if I had never been pushed out I would never have left that company and therefore would still be stuck in a dead end job.

One door closes and another one opens. I'm sure that with your attitude you'll pick up a better job before too long. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  19. Mr.Cheeks

i have to say one thing----

You guys are just bad @5$! if any1 needs support, help, guidance infact anything?

come to CertForums!

20. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I can get you a couple of ounces of coke as well. It will really help with the pain.:twisted:

WIP: 70-270