ITIL v3 - So boring....

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, May 25, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you guys know how I'm getting on, as per my last post on ITIL.

I have now finished the whole CBT on ITIL v3 and about 1/3 way thru the book. I have to say that not only is it boring, but it is really boring. So far the only part that I actually found interesting is the security part.

I've got my exam booked next week and I'm not sure if I'm ready, the good thing is that I've got a couple of more days and I can always change the exam date.

For those that have already sat the ITIL v3 exam: How did you get on with the exam?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was thinking to myself that I would see what you thought about this exam Ken and maybe I would have a crack at it myself after the ISA one. You aren't selling it very well. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I scored 30 out of 40 on the exam. A pass!

Told you all it was boring........

:biggrin

4. Kitkatninja

I don't see why not, we've got the CBTNuggets and the book, a good cert to have (alot of jobs I've seen are actually listing this as either a recommend or essential cert to have, not that either or us are looking)

My eyes just glaze over whenever I try to read - there's no practical, it's just theory...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

If it's the Foundation exam, I scored 30/40 too... and yes, it really is as boring as hell.

What makes it worse if you've been doing service management/delivery for a while, as I have, is that the ITIL way is the ideal. No one ever seems to do it exactly the ITIL way, which is damn confusing when you come to take the exam.

6. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

ITIL seems to be the new buzz word in our department and apparently we all have to take some exam (not sure which one!).

It seems to be a must for all companies now - does anyone have any website which explains ITIL and can prepare you for the exams.

I am not looking forward to it!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA & MCTS SQL 2005
    WIP: MCITP 70-443 & 70-444
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Just had a quick look through Prometrics site - which client are you going for? Exin or ISEB? Seems to be a difference of £90.30 and £100 for the exam respectively?

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  8. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

yep - the ****IL course is fooking boring! I passed it last year...yawn!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  9. Kitkatninja

I'm going thru Exin, didn't know about the ISEB (in fact there is no ISEB route with Vue), via Vue. At least that's one good thing about my local testing centre (that they can actually offer this exam).

-ken

10. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Is it still a written "vote for joe" type exam? When I did mine we had some bloke turn up with the exams in a sealed envelope - he then proceeded to dish them out to us and he sat at the top of the room whilst we did the exam!...It was rather like being back at school!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  11. Kitkatninja

Don't know, v3 has been computerised (like Comptia/Microsoft) - well the foundation exam is anyway, I believe the other levels are still paperbased and you have to sit a course for them (no self-study there).

-Ken

12. Kitkatninja

There's no difference between the 2, I got a reply from ISEB this morning:

-Ken

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

It's the same where i work, we even went on a ITIL induction and that was so.....boring!:rolleyes: The best bit was when the coffee/tea trolley came in!:p:biggrin

the manager stated we all should have a green or red badge in ITIL. Just reading Ken's thread, :hhhmmm looks like I will have to bring my sleeping bag for when i do mine!:tongue

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  14. Kitkatninja

Strong coffee won't help you with this :lol: The best part is the pass mark of 26/40 or 65% and erasing all that terminology out of your head when the exam is done :biggrin

-Ken

15. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for info about ISEB/EXIN Ken - going to go with EXIN to save the £10 :D

Reading a book on it on the way back on the tube is the best way to kill an hour - get fed up after a while just looking out the window at the same old trees :)

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  16. Kitkatninja

No worries, found out what the cert from EXIN looks like, see here. :)

-Ken

17. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Congrats on 3k posts mate, I think. :)

I thought you were taking this exam this week?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  18. Kitkatninja

I did, I sat it Tuesday, see my "I've Passed :) " post here.

Thanks for the congrats :biggrin

-Ken

19. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Dont you two work together?

20. Kitkatninja

Yeah, but the dosser has this week off :lol:

-Ken