ITIL Foundation questions

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by dales, Feb 28, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

I've just been told today that im off on a 3 day ITIL foundation course in may with the exam at the end, Which im actually quite excited about. I would love to get a bit of an upper hand and start revising before going off to the course as I definately want to pass the exam ( I think it would look very nice on my CV). I'm assuming its going to be Version 3 can anybody recommend a good book to study on before attending the course.

I have attended a one day ITIL overview course, that was about a year ago but I think I can remember a good bit about it and we also use change management to some degree already at work.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Just googled this.

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes I saw that too and nearly bought it, but I thought its the cheapest ITIL book on amazon with the others being at least double and the wording in the description was a bit wishywashy. I thought it might just be an overview of the exam sort of thing, If you think thats good though i'll get it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Dunno mate, but OGC is the Office of Government Commerce, the people who created/developed ITIL. It also has mock questions a the end. If you've got £15 to spare, then I suppose it's worth a look.

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

6. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

I just did the Sysop online course and passed...pretty good..onto Indicent Management practioner course next week... haven'tused th study book but the foundation course didn't include a huge amount of background info so the book could be a go-er..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP