ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA R&S, MCTS: Server 2012 Active Directory, MCTS Configurin

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by nkhan101, Nov 13, 2013.

1. nkhan101

nkhan101 New Member

Hey hi. I did my bachelors degree in management, but i dont find this degree very useful and dont think this degree will take me to a good job.

I am thinking of moving to IT networking (just to mention i havent studied anything on IT or networking, dont even know the A,B,C of this). So ya, A place down here is offering a pack of these certifications,

ITIL Foundation,
    CCENT,
    CCNA R&S,
    MCTS: Server 2012 Active Directory,
    MCTS Configuring Windows 8.

Was just wondering if anyone could guide me that, are these above mentioned certifications any good for me? Will this help me to get an entry level job and then move up?

And any advise you guys want to give?

Thanks alot

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The certifications listed aren't entry level and I'd expect the cost of signing up is probably fairly substantial. I'd look at the CompTIA A+ and Network+ to start you off, buy the books and self study it for a hell of a lot less!

Just for the record, IT is a field you have to really want to throw yourself into if you're going to progress. If your hearts not in it your going to find it a fairly miserable slog. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it but just be sure its what you really want to do.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. nkhan101

nkhan101 New Member

Thanks a lot buddy. Do you mind recommending some good books or YouTube tutorials?

And as you said about the certifications that I mentioned aren't for entry level, so which level are they and will be help me in getting a job?

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. nkhan101

nkhan101 New Member

Thanks buddy

6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. nkhan101

nkhan101 New Member

Cheers buddy :)

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  9. nkhan101

nkhan101 New Member

Sweet as bro